Top Avignon Unique Experiences
Saved to wishlist!
6 results | All Avignon Tours
Indulge in a full day of wine tasting as you roam the vineyards and medieval villages of Châteauneuf-du-Pape, one of the region’s most important wine appellations. Explore the villages of Gigondas and Vacqueyras, stopping at traditional wineries to sample both red and white wines, and learn the secrets of local wine production. This small-group tour from Avignon also includes a delicious 2-course lunch.
Enjoy a quintessential wine tasting experience in one of France’s most famous wine regions, as you sip your way around the Côtes du Rhône on this 5-hour small-group tour from Avignon. Indulge in expert-led tastings as you explore the vineyards and visit wineries in Châteauneuf du Pape, Gigondas or Séguret. Sip a selection of Grand Cru wines, as you learn about the wine production process, the importance of French ‘terroir’ and how to distinguish between the different Crus.
Go behind the scenes of the world's most secretive business. Take a tour of a Provencal truffle plantation, learn how truffles are grown and truffle dogs are trained, and go on a hunt for France's elusive "black gold" with professional hunters who know the tricks of the trade. You will be regaled with stories of successes and sabotage, and learn to tell the difference between a real Provençal tuber melanosporum and its inferior Chinese counterparts. You'll also learn how to properly clean, store and cook with truffles. The Pastras olive and truffle oil.
Appreciate the exquisite beauty and bounty of rural Provence on a half-day tour of Les Baux-de-Provence from Avignon. Perched in the rocky Alpilles mountains, Les Baux offers panoramic views of the expansive vineyards and olive orchards that blanket the hillside. Attend the light and sound show dedicated to the Italian town of Venice in Carrières de Lumières (entrance included).
Mushroom hunting excursions are available from September 15 until November 15 (weather permitting). We will use knives and sneakers (provided). During your time in Provence you will learn how to distinguish between edible and poisonous mushrooms. We will hunt for about 10 different varieties, including: ceps, chanterelle, golden chanterelle, mushroom hedgehog, blue stalk mushroom, Tricholoma myomyces, Saffron milk cap, white saddle, elfin saddle, and black trumpet. You'll discover the quiet, unspoiled forests of the area and enjoy the bucolic and relaxed atmosphere of Provence. You will need to be comfortable with that, you do not mind getting muddy.
Immerse yourself in one of the world's oldest traditions. Take a tour of the Provençal farm, learn how to grow and make wine, make the most of ancient oak barrels that are waist-high, have enough room for 4+ people, and have a view of Mount Sainte Victoire. You'll be regaled with harvest stories passed down from local farmers and learn traditional French drinking songs. You will also learn to tell the difference between the different types of local grapes and wines. Grape stomps are followed by a buffet of cheese, paté, charcuterie, red wine and a tasting of our farm olive oil and truffle oil. It's an authentic French experience that is full of laughter, fun for all ages and makes memorable vacation photos that you'll cherish long after your toes are no longer sticky.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Unique Experiences in Avignon?
The best Unique Experiences in Avignon according to Viator travelers are:
What Unique Experiences in Avignon are taking additional safety precautions?
These Avignon experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Unique Experiences in Avignon are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Avignon may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Eglise Notre-Dame des Sablons Tours & Tickets
- Roussillon Tours & Tickets
- Nimes Tours & Tickets
- Montmajour Abbey (Abbaye de Montmajour) Tours & Tickets
- Les Halles Market Tours & Tickets
- Tavel Tours & Tickets
- Avignon Cathedral (Cathedrale Notre-Dame des Doms) Tours & Tickets
- Châteauneuf-du-Pape Tours & Tickets
- Uzes Tours & Tickets
- Senanque Abbey (Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sénanque) Tours & Tickets
- Church of St. Trophime (Eglise St-Trophime) Tours & Tickets
- Rhône River Tours & Tickets
- Lavender Museum (Musee de la Lavande) Tours & Tickets
- Les Saintes Maries de la Mer Tours & Tickets
- Little Palace Museum (Musée du Petit Palais) Tours & Tickets
- Rocher des Doms Tours & Tickets
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets