From its medieval town center to its legendary culinary scene, Bologna is one of Italy’s most beloved cities. Explore the city by bike, join a local guide for a food-themed tour, or get outside the city to learn about the regional tradition of luxury cars on a racetrack during a visit.
Italy in Miniature (Italia in Miniatura)
Kids can feel giant-sized at Italia in Miniatura, one of the most whimsical amusement parks in Italy. Located just outside Rimini, the park includes intricately detailed small-scale models of almost 300 famous Italian landmarks, as well as boat rides through mini-Venice, a kid-sized “driving school”, water cannons, rides, and more.
Varies by season
Via Popilia, 239, Viserba, Italy, 47922
Italy’s iconic sights may be magnificent, but seeing the Colosseum, Leaning Tower, and St. Peter’s Basilica in miniature is a unique delight for kids of all ages. Italia in Miniatura has been a popular amusement park for decades, and booking tickets in advance is a must to skip the long lines at the entrance and head directly to the 273 models surrounded by landscaping featuring tiny trees and plants. In addition to the miniatures, crowd-pleasers include a boat tour down a mini-Grand Canal, getting a “driver’s license” at the park’s driving school for tots, cooling off at the water ride and cannons, tree-top rope-climbing course, a parrot sanctuary, and a 7D cinema.
Things to know before you go
- Dining options inside the park range from fast-food stands to sit-down restaurants, so there’s something to satisfy everyone in the family.
- The monorail is a welcome respite for footsore visitors.
- The park is completely accessible to wheelchair users.
- There is a souvenir shop stocked with Italia in Miniatura merchandise.
How to get there
Italia in Miniatura is located in Viserba, about three miles (five kilometers) north of Rimini along the SS Adriatica 16 highway. Buses run to the park from the Viserba and Rimini train stations.
When to get there
The entire park is open from April through October, though smaller areas within the park are open during other months of the year. The busiest months are June to September, when the park is often crowded.
The Resort Town of Rimini
Rimini and the neighboring town of Riccione are among the two most popular seaside destinations on the Adriatic coast, packed with vacationing families throughout the summer. The shallow, calm water, a plethora of family-friendly hotels, beach clubs with play areas and snack bars, and pretty promenade make it a favorite with sun-seeking Italians and Europeans.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Italy in Miniature (Italia in Miniatura)?
What else should I know about attractions in Emilia-Romagna?
- Beach Village
- Aquafan Riccione
- Cattolica Aquarium (Acquario di Cattolica)
- Mausoleum of Galla Placidia (Mausoleo di Galla Placidia)
- Basilica of San Vitale (Basilica di San Vitale)
- Basilica of Santo Stefano (Basilica di Santo Stefano)
- Bologna University Quarter
- Basilica of San Domenico (Basilica di San Domenico)
- Two Towers (Due Torri)
- Oratory of Santa Cecilia (Oratorio Di Santa Cecilia)
- Anatomical Theatre of the Archiginnasio (Teatro Anatomico dell'Archiginnasio)
- San Petronio Basilica (Basilica di San Petronio)
- Prendiparte Tower (Torre Prendiparte)