Top Matera Skip the line Tickets
Saved to wishlist!
4 results | All Matera Tours
Matera is home to the Sassi cave churches and dwellings that make up one of the oldest cities in the world. Join your guide for an in-depth tour of the Sasso Caveoso and Sasso Barisano districts to learn about their unique history and evolution. Discover rupestrian structures, stroll the steep and narrow lanes, and gain a deeper understanding of how this town, once called the “Shame of Italy”, is now a UNESCO-listed treasure.
The UNESCO-listed Sassi di Matera is both captivating and mysterious. With this guided tour, take a deep dive into the history of this unique rupestrian city, named a 2019 European Capital of Culture. Explore its hidden dwellings and churches carved directly into the cliff, the setting for a number of films, including Ben Hur. Cap off the tour with a tasting of local specialties from Matera.
Unveil the secrets of the ancient “cave city” of Matera with this in-depth walking tour through the UNESCO-listed Sassi. Delve into the history of this unique city dug into the cliffside and visit a cave house and rupestrian churches in its two oldest districts. Learn about how residents once lived, marvel at the cathedral set at the town’s upper square, and take in sweeping views over the Murgia Materana Park.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
A tour between Matera and Gravina, two cities with an ancient history and unique views, setting of the last of the famous James Bond saga "No time to die". During the tour an expert local guide will show you the locations of the most spectacular chases and the most reckless action scenes that animated the two cities for two months, during the shooting. In Matera you will see how difficult it was for the stuntmen to drive on the streets among the caves and in Gravina you will walk on the famous bridge which is the first scene in the newest trailer of the movie.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Skip the line Tickets in Matera?
The best Skip the line Tickets in Matera according to Viator travelers are:
What Skip the line Tickets in Matera are taking additional safety precautions?
These Matera experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Skip the line Tickets in Matera are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Matera may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Things to do in Bari
- Things to do in Alberobello & Locorotondo
- Things to do in Salerno
- Things to do in Amalfi
- Things to do in Pompeii
- Things to do in Positano
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Dubrovnik
- Things to do in Split
- Things to do in Taormina
- Things to do in Rome
- Things to do in Puglia
- Things to do in Amalfi Coast
- Things to do in Adriatic Coast
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets