San Siro Stadium (Stadio San Siro)
True footie fans can join a Milan football tour that includes a San Siro Stadium tour of the field, the team locker rooms, and the stadium museum dedicated to the history of both the Milan and Inter clubs. Many soccer-centric tours also stop at Casa Milan, the stylish AC Milan headquarters. Otherwise, hop on a city sightseeing bus and combine stops at the stadium and museum with visits to other city highlights such as the Duomo and La Scala. San Siro is also used for concerts and other large events, so there are non-football opportunities to see the stadium as well.
Things to Know Before You Go
Watching a soccer game in Italy is an unforgettable experience, surrounded by chanting and cheering fans. Be sure to book tickets well in advance, as they quickly sell out for home games.
Large bags and backpacks cannot be taken inside the stadium, and there is a security check where bags are searched for banned items.
Inter players dress in blue and black, and Milan players in red and black.
An official store sells team scarves and other souvenirs for fans.
How to Get There
San Siro, located on Piazzale Angelo Moratti in the San Siro neighborhood west of downtown Milan, is easy to reach on public transportation: take the metro purple line (M5) or bus/tram 49 and 16.
When to Get There
The soccer season runs from August to May. The stadium museum is open daily from 9:30am to 6pm, though the hours may change on game days.
Italy’s Soccer Clubs
Football is Italy’s national sport, and home matches of Milan’s two Serie A teams are the greatest highlights of the year for fans. Emotions run high at their derbies—especially when the teams are vying for a spot in the Champions League or World Cup. Nearly every Italian city and town has a home football team. Milan and Inter are the two teams based in Milan, while other famous big-city clubs are Roma, Lazio, Juventus, and Napoli.
- Casa Milan
- Arch of Peace (Arco della Pace)
- Da Vinci's Last Supper (Il Cenacolo)
- Branca Tower (Torre Branca)
- Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie (Chiesa di Santa Maria delle Grazie)
- Leonardo’s Vineyard (Vigna di Leonardo)
- La Triennale Museum (La Triennale di Milano)
- Bramante Sacristy (Sacrestia del Bramante)
- Leonardo da Vinci National Museum of Science and Technology
- Sempione Park (Parco Sempione)
- Basilica of Sant'Ambrogio (Basilica di Sant'Ambrogio)
- Milan Monumental Cemetery (Cimitero Monumentale di Milano)
- Church of San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore (Chiesa di San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore)
- Sforza Castle (Castello Sforzesco)
- Navigli District
- Skip the Line for the Last Supper
- All Milan Skip the Line Tours
- Shopping in Milan
- Milan in 3 Days
- Lake Day Trips from Milan
- Romantic Things To Do in Milan
- Venice Day Trips from Milan
- Top Nightlife Experiences in Milan
- Milan Neighborhood Guide
- Top Parks and Gardens in Milan
- Swiss Alps Tours from Milan
- Milan for Art Lovers