Milan Via Manzoni (Via Alessandro Manzoni)
Via Manzoni is not just home to flagship stores such as Armani Casa, Kenzo, and Prada, but also to the Armani Hotel, the Grand Hotel et de Milan, the Museo Poldi Pezzoli, and the edge of the Indro Montanelli Public Gardens. You can join a bike tour of Milan to explore Via Manzoni as well as other landmarks like the Duomo (Milan Cathedral), Sforzesco Castle, and Sempione Park.
Things to Know Before You Go
Via Manzoni is a must-visit for fashionistas and shopaholics.
In addition to boutiques, a number of cafés, restaurants, and art galleries line the street.
The streets are relatively flat and can accommodate wheelchair users and those with limited mobility.
How to Get There
Via Manzoni is located in Milan’s historic city center, about a 5-minute walk from the Duomo. Take the M3 yellow metro line to Montenapoleone station and walk southwest towards Teatro alla Scala or northeast toward the Giardini Pubblici Indro Montanelli. Tram number 1 runs along the length of Via Manzoni from various points in the city.
When to Get There
Milan sees the biggest crowds between June and September. The best time to visit the city, and Via Manzoni, is in April, May, September, and October, when the weather is pleasant. Milan Fashion Week, in February and September, is also an exciting time to visit Via Manzoni.
Who Is Manzoni?
Via Manzoni is named after the famed 19th-century Italian poet Alessandro Manzoni. Best known for writing The Betrothed, Manzoni spent his entire life in Milan. Before the street was named after him, it was named Corsia del Giardino, or the path to the garden, and was an elegant street home to many Milanese aristocrats.
- Corso Buenos Aires
- Palazzo Lombardia
- Milan Gallery of Modern Art (Galleria d'Arte Moderna Milano)
- Porta Nuova
- Piazza Gae Aulenti
- Bagatti Valsecchi Museum (Museo Bagatti Valsecchi)
- Via della Spiga
- 10 Corso Como
- Quadrilatero d'Oro
- Via Monte Napoleone
- Poldi Pezzoli Museum (Museo Poldi Pezzoli)
- Church of San Bernardino alle Ossa (Santuario di San Bernardino alle Ossa)
- Brera Art Gallery (Pinacoteca di Brera)
- Piazza Fontana
- Skip the Line for the Last Supper
- All Milan Skip the Line Tours
- Shopping in Milan
- Milan in 3 Days
- Lake Day Trips from Milan
- Romantic Things To Do in Milan
- Venice Day Trips from Milan
- Top Nightlife Experiences in Milan
- Milan Neighborhood Guide
- Top Parks and Gardens in Milan
- Swiss Alps Tours from Milan
- Milan for Art Lovers