The Mönchsberg Lift is located on Anton-Neumayr-Platz in Salzburg Old Town and is open daily in July and August from 8am-11pm, and the rest of the year, Mondays from 8am-7pm, and Tuesday to Sunday from 8am-9pm. An adult return ticket costs €3.60.
Ask for Max!
We were treated to an excellent trip round Salzburg with Max as a guide. He was very informative and knowledgeable. There is so much to see and be told about. The only slight downside was that the coffee and cake part of the ticket included the lift but we didn't realise that.
EricMarcus_L, Jul 2019
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Mönchsberg Lift (Mönchsbergaufzug)?
Attractions near Mönchsberg Lift (Mönchsbergaufzug):
What else should I know about attractions in Salzburg?
As well as visiting the Mönchsberg Lift (Mönchsbergaufzug), check out these trip ideas to make the most of your visit:
- Museum of Modern Art Salzburg Mönchsberg (Museum der Moderne am Mönchsberg)
- Salzburg Museum of Natural History (Haus der Natur)
- Toy Museum (Spielzeugmuseum)
- Large Festival Hall (Grosses Festspielhaus)
- Salzburg Marionette Theater
- Mozart’s Birthplace (Mozarts Geburtshaus)
- Mozart Residence (Mozart-Wohnhaus)
- Mirabell Palace and Gardens (Schloss Mirabell und Mirabellgarten)
- Museum of Modern Art Salzburg Rupertinum (Museum der Moderne Rupertinum)
- Salzburg Old Market (Alter Markt)
- Residenz Gallery (Residenzgalerie)
- Cathedral Museum (Dommuseum)
- Salzburg Cathedral (Dom zu Salzburg)