Acapulco Cruise Port (Terminal Maritima)
A one-time favorite of Hollywood actors, Acapulco still retains some of its old-world glamor and the Acapulco Cruise Port (Terminal Maritima) is a popular point of access for international visitors. Thanks to its privileged location just steps from downtown, it’s easy for travelers to make the most of even a short stop in this port city.
Visitors docking at the Acapulco Cruise Port typically head straight to the nearby downtown, just a 5-minute walk from the dock. Although it’s easy to explore independently, a city tour can help you learn more about Acapulco’s colorful past, while snorkeling excursions, trips to Coyuca Lagoon, or boat rides are also popular all-day activities. For great beaches, head to the Golden Zone (Zona Dorada) and be sure to catch a cliff diving spectacular at La Quebrada.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Booking a tour or shore excursion can help you make the most of your time in this popular coastal city.
- Acapulco is typically hot and humid year-round, so pack sunscreen, stay hydrated, and dress appropriately.
- Parts of Acapulco city and the surrounding beaches may be inaccessible for wheelchair users.
- Safety in Acapulco has come into question due to crime, according to the US Department of State. Although tourists are rarely targeted, travelers considering a visit should refer to their government’s travel advisories for the latest information.
How to Get to Acapulco From the Acapulco Cruise Port
The main square of Acapulco is just a 5-minute walk from the cruise terminal and easy to access independently. However, if you plan on visiting beaches situated further down the coast, local taxis are also plentiful at the Acapulco Cruise Port.
The official language of Mexico is Spanish, but the staff at most restaurants, tourist attractions, and stores will also speak English. The Mexican peso is the official currency, although many places will also accept US dollars. Regardless, it's always better to exchange your cash for pesos and there are plenty of nearby ATMs.
- Things to do in Guerrero
- Things to do in Taxco
- Things to do in Mexico City
- Things to do in Puerto Escondido
- Things to do in Puerto Vallarta
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in Monterrey
- Things to do in Central Mexico
- Things to do in Oaxaca
- Things to do in Jalisco
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Things to do in Central Highlands