Family owned and operated, Honopua Farm is an organic farm located in the South Kohala district of the Big Island. When the farm was first planted more than 30 years ago, Marie and Bill McDonald grew mostly flowers. Once they retired, their daughter Roen and her husband Ken Hufford took over tending the soil and added a variety of organic vegetables to mix. Today, the site is especially known for its vegetables, lavender and cut flowers.
Honopua Farm’s organic vegetables and flowers can be purchased at the Waimea Homestead Farmers Market on Saturdays from 7 a.m. to noon, and the farm also supplies a number of local restaurants. Travelers can only visit Honopua Farm on select personal farm tours.
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer