Top Big Island of Hawaii Submarine Tours
Saved to wishlist!
9 results | All Big Island of Hawaii Tours
On this exciting Kona submarine tour, dive deep below the cobalt waters just off the Kona coast, where an entire world of fish and marine creatures is waiting just below the surface. As the submarine descends towards the colorful reef, peer through the portholes at fish that swim to within inches of the submarine windows, and experience the sense of peace and calm in this world beneath the waves. This is a great way to explore underwater without even getting your hair wet, and, if you’re very lucky, there’s even the chance you could see a passing shark.
Experience the rainbow-colored fish and bright corals beneath the waves without ever getting wet during this glass-bottom boat trip from Kona. Climb aboard your 36-foot (10-meter) vessel (specially designed for floating above reefs) with an expert naturalist as you explore the incredible marine landscape of Hawaii. As you cruise, observe Hawaii’s underwater coastline and admire fascinating creatures like dolphins, turtles and maybe even a seasonal whale or two.
Journey back in time — when ancient, powerful Kings ruled the rugged, fertile land of the Hawaiian Islands — on this 3-hour dinner cruise to Kealakekua Bay. Travel 12 miles down the Kona Coast to the Captain Cook monument. Learn the many secrets of the Big Island as a local historian points out more than 50 points of interest along the way.
Have a unique Big Island experience snorkeling with manta rays on this tour. Led by a local guide, you’ll take a short cruise out to the manta site, where you’ll watch the beautiful Hawaiian sunset before dipping into the water to watch the manta rays up close. All necessary equipment will be provided for your excursion, as well as light refreshments and snacks to enjoy on board. Your tour will conclude at its original departure point. If you don't see manta rays on this excursion, book again for another night--no charge.
There are few places in all of Hawaii more historic than Kealakekua Bay, as it's the spot where Captain Cook was killed in a skirmish with native Hawaiians, and the Hawaiian monarch, King Kamehameha III was born just a few miles away. The history aside, it's also one of the best places to snorkel on the Big Island of Hawaii, and you'll have the chance to experience the beauty on this snorkeling tour from Kona. Search for dolphins on the way to the bay while admiring the volcanic coast, and after scouring the red for coral and fish, climb aboard for a lunch that's served by the friendly crew.
The Big Island of Hawaii has a diverse ecosystem unlike anywhere else on the planet, and on this day-long nature tour, experience the beauty of its black-sand beaches, thundering waterfalls, and Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. If you’re lucky, find Hawaiian green sea turtles basking on the coast. Since the tour only requires a moderate amount of walking, it's an educational adventure for travelers of all ages, with snacks and refreshments included.
Spend an evening immerse yourself in Hawaiian culture with this excursion to the Royal Kona Resort Luau. Choose your ideal time for the outing — the luau occurs four nights a week — then enjoy a shell lei greeting, a lei workshop, and an Imu ceremony with a delicious roasted pig. Sip Mai-Tais while admiring beautiful views of Kailua Bay.
The 13,803-foot (4,207.3-meter) peak of Mauna Kea is Hawaii's highest point, and a popular spot for star-gazing. With this tour, travel up to the volcano summit with your guide, stop for dinner at the Onizuka Astronomy Complex, then arrive at the summit in time to watch the sunset. As dark sets in, enjoy a guided stargazing experience and marvel at the stars and planets using a refractor telescope and razor pointer.
Sail up the scenic Kona coastline, getting views of ancient lava flows and verdant cliffs, and stopping at the Captain Cook Monument, on this afternoon sail in Kealakekua Bay. Slip into the water using the provided snorkeling gear to see vibrant schools of fish, living coral, and even pods of spinner dolphins. Learn about the area's underwater flora, fauna, and ecosystem through guided commentary.
What people are saying about Submarine Tours in Big Island of Hawaii
Glass-bottom Boat Reef Tour"It was a wonderful day. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. They were very helpful to help prevent seasickness and to accommodate a customer who did get sick. Great time. Thanks to Amy and Captain Sean."..."
Night Manta Ray Adventure on the Big Island, Hawaii"We were able to have 2 manta rays come up against us almost 20 times within the span of 45 minutes. It was absolutely incredible and felt like an out of body experience. They are so much fun and so cute and friendly!! Have never done anything so unique as this."..."
Captain Cook /Kealakekua Bay"The whole trip was great! Simon, Jonah, and Ulu were a great crew! Funny, helpful, always offering to get snacks, pick up trash. Fun and helpful for the kids! The ride on the boat was fun and educational. The snorkeling site was beautiful! So many colorful fish! Would definitely recommend!!"..."
Big Island in a Day: Volcanoes, Waterfalls, Sightseeing, History"Our guide was very knowledgeable and very energetic. He knew very well the history of the places that we visited. We loved the tour!!!"..."
Admission to Voyagers of the Pacific Luau"Everyone did a great job... we loved the band, the host, and of course the dancers and performers were awesome. Food was pretty good but not as amazing as we hoped."..."
We perform checks on reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Submarine Tours in Big Island of Hawaii?
The best Submarine Tours in Big Island of Hawaii according to Viator travellers are:
What Submarine Tours in Big Island of Hawaii are taking additional safety precautions?
These Big Island of Hawaii experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Submarine Tours in Big Island of Hawaii are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Big Island of Hawaii may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Audio Guides
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Extreme Sports
- Motor Sports
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- On the Water
- Catamaran Cruises
- Dinner Cruises
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours
- Sightseeing Cruises
- Submarine Tours
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Classes & Workshops
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Kolekole Falls Tours & Tickets
- Kailua Pier Tours & Tickets
- Anaeho'omalu Bay Tours & Tickets
- Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park Tours & Tickets
- Kapoho Tours & Tickets
- Waimea Tours & Tickets
- Kekaha Kai State Park (Kona Coast State Park) Tours & Tickets
- Keauhou Bay Tours & Tickets
- Kona (Kailua Bay) Cruise Port Tours & Tickets
- Mauna Loa Tours & Tickets
- Kahua Ranch Tours & Tickets
- Hawi Tours & Tickets
- Hilo Cruise Port Tours & Tickets
- Kona Coffee Living History Farm Tours & Tickets
- Kahaluu Beach Park Tours & Tickets
- Waikoloa Village Tours & Tickets
- Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation Tours & Tickets
- Akatsuka Orchid Gardens Tours & Tickets
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory Tours & Tickets
- Puako Bay Tours & Tickets
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets