Top Big Island of Hawaii Swim with Dolphins
Saved to wishlist!
11 results | All Big Island of Hawaii Tours
Explore the waters off the Big Island on this exciting combo tour. Get your adrenaline pumping as you cruise out and along the coastline on a speedboat. Look for caves, cliffs, whales, dolphins and other marine life along the way. Afterwards, jump into the clear waters and explore the underwater world as you snorkel around. Snacks, drinks and snorkel equipment are all included.
Have the opportunity to admire wild manta rays in their natural habitat on this evening cruise. Set sail after dark, when the manta rays come out to feed on plankton, and use a custom-made lightboard that attracts the rays. Float through the warm waters for up to 40 minutes, use your snorkel to watch as the rays swim and feed, and learn more about the majestic creatures from your guide.
This "safari" style trip lets you avoid the crowds that are typical of many boat tours. In a small group, head out along the Kona coastline in search of marine life, including dolphins, sea turtles, sharks and whales. When the crew have found the right spot, you can put on your snorkeling gear, jump off board and explore the underwater world.
Enjoy the opportunity to swim with manta rays on a private snorkel trip off the Kona Coast. Board your private charter at night and head out to an area where these gentle giants are known to swim. Don your provided snorkel gear, equipped with dive lights, and jump into the water for a closer look at these rays while still maintaining a safe distance.
Skip the usual boat tours and embark upon a Hawaiian style kayak adventure in a traditional outrigger canoe. These double-hull canoes are known for providing stability and smooth rides; all the better to experience Kealakekua Bay with minimal exertion. Learn about the history of the bay, one of the most sacred in Hawaii; its mysterious caves, and how people lived there, from guides whose families are connected to the area.
View dolphins in their natural environment with guides who respect these intelligent creatures’ boundaries. After feeding in deeper waters at night, spinner dolphins come close to the Kona shore where they often interact with boats, playing in their wake. The utmost respect and care are given to our aquatic friends to assure that we do not disrupt their rest, nursing and breeding behaviors. Depending on where and when we locate the dolphins there may also be time for a quick snorkel at one of the many beautiful reef areas along the Kona coast line, quite possibly Kealakekua Bay.
Make the most of your time in port on this Kona shore excursion timed to your cruise's arrival and departure. Get picked up from the port and head out on a sailing adventure to the Captain Cook Monument and Kealkeaua Bay where you can snorkel, swim, and explore caves and lava tubes. Expect to see spinner dolphins, sea turtles, colorful fish, and ancient reefs. Lunch, snacks, and use of snorkeling gear are all included.
This half-day boat cruise takes you to the two best snorkeling sites in Kealakekua Bay: The reef beneath Captain Cook's monument and the underwater lava formations of Red Hill. In addition to breakfast and lunch, your guides provide all necessary equipment, basic snorkeling tips, and identification charts to help you spot fish and dolphins in their natural habitat. Don’t forget your camera—the route showcases sweeping views of the Kona coastline.
Fly across the lush forest of the Big Island’s northern Kohala region on a zipline adventure near Kapaau. Trek through the treetops in a canopy park featuring a series of suspension bridges, platforms, and thrilling ziplines. Expert instructors are on-hand to ensure everyone’s safety while cruising across the customizable, whisper-quiet course.
See the Big Island from a different angle on this 9-line zipline adventure that takes you over tree tops, waterfalls, and rivers. With four dual lines, you can even race a friend. With views of the Pacific Ocean from every platform, it’s the most scenic zipline experience on the island.
The city of Hilo is surrounded by some of Hawaii’s most scenic wonders, on this 7-line Hilo ziplining tour you'll start off small and gradually increase in length and height per Zipline, you can literally soar past thundering falls as you zip through lush greenery. Learn about traditional Hawaiian agriculture, and once you’re comfortable sitting in the harness and feeling the exhilarating rush, prepare for the dramatic crossing that’s one of the longest zipines in Hawaii, and feel the rush of wind on your face as the forest opens up beneath you. Important tip, for this experience travelers must be between 80lbs-260lbs
What people are saying about Swim with Dolphins in Big Island of Hawaii
Kaimana Ocean Safari"What a fantastic group of three knowledgeable tour guides. We had an absolute blast. The best part is they gave us options on what we wanted to see and do. And that choice ended up being one of the greatest highlights of our trip. Highly recommend this tour."..."
Guided Outrigger Canoe Tour in Kealakekua Bay"Peter our guide had some great stories of the island. I’m not a strong swimmer but felt very comfortable in the outrigger. Nothing like a regular canoe. Snorkeling was amazing. We we’re blessed to see a sea turtle. Highly recommend! We all had a blast."..."
Dolphin Watch & Snorkel Captain Cook Monument Big Island Kailua-Kona Hawaii"Loved our tour guide! Fun, fast boat ride. Guide was very knowledgeable. Snorkeling was great. Snacks were great. A fun day!"..."
Kona Shore Excursion: Wild Dolphin - Reefs -Sea Caves - (Small Group)"Beautiful views on very nice boat and exceptional guides. Had plenty of snacks, drinks and lunch on the boat. Guides took the time to explain everything to everyone. Great snorkeling experience"..."
Big Island Kohala Canopy Zipline Adventure"Our guides Kyra and Daven was very entertaining and showed much Aloha. You get to cruise through Kohala in their truck and get to even see the statue of King Kamemeha. Can’t forget the massage chairs while off-roading to the lines!"..."
9-Line Zipline Experience on the Big Island, Hawaii"The zip line experience was really fun and the scenic view over the lines were really beautiful. The service was also really excellent with great communication and jokes."..."
Big Island Zipline Over KoleKole Falls"Everything about this experience was both fun and terrifying at the same time. Our guides helped ease this with their humor along the way. Would recommend this highly!"..."
We perform checks on reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Swim with Dolphins in Big Island of Hawaii?
The best Swim with Dolphins in Big Island of Hawaii according to Viator travellers are:
What Swim with Dolphins in Big Island of Hawaii are taking additional safety precautions?
These Big Island of Hawaii experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Swim with Dolphins in Big Island of Hawaii are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Big Island of Hawaii may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Extreme Sports
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Dolphin Watching
- Swim with Dolphins
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Encounters
- Wildlife Watching
- On the Ground
- On the Water
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Classes & Workshops
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation Tours & Tickets
- Anaeho'omalu Bay Tours & Tickets
- Waikoloa Village Tours & Tickets
- Kula Kai Caverns Tours & Tickets
- Onomea Bay Tours & Tickets
- Kaumana Caves State Park Tours & Tickets
- Isaac Hale Beach Park Tours & Tickets
- Coconut Island (Mokuola) Tours & Tickets
- Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden Tours & Tickets
- Waimea Tours & Tickets
- Hualalai Volcano Tours & Tickets
- St. Benedict's Painted Church Tours & Tickets
- Kohala Coast Tours & Tickets
- Crater Rim Drive Tours & Tickets
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory Tours & Tickets
- Hilo Cruise Port Tours & Tickets
- Imiloa Astronomy Center Tours & Tickets
- Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical Park Tours & Tickets
- Hawi Tours & Tickets
- Kilauea Volcano Tours & Tickets
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets