Doña Casilda Iturrizar Park
Sometimes known as Duck’s Park, this urban green space is the ideal spot to escape the hustle and bustle of Bilbao’s popular Old Quarter. Given its popularity, many city tours pass by the park, although art lovers may wish to combine a visit to Doña Casilda Park with tours of the nearby Bilbao Fine Arts Museum and Guggenheim. Meanwhile, families will particularly appreciate the children’s playground, rowboat rental options, and basketball courts. Other highlights include the numerous sculptures, fountains, and a pergola, as well as riverside views.
Things to Know Before You Go
Travelers with dogs won’t want to miss this pet-friendly park.
Doña Casilda Park has on-site public bathroom facilities, a children’s playground, and a duck pond.
The fountain comes to life with audio and light shows on select public holidays.
Rowing boats or kayaks are available to rent at the duck pond.
Doña Casilda Park is fully wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
Doña Casilda Park is situated in Bilbao’s Indautxu neighborhood, just a stone’s throw from the Guggenheim and within walking distance of the Old Quarter. While most travelers find it easiest to arrive on foot, the park is also well-connected by public transit. The closest metro stations are Indautxu and San Mamés.
When to Get There
Doña Casilda Park is open daily throughout the year and is free to access. While there are no truly bad times to visit this tranquil park, stop by midweek for a quieter experience. Alternatively, travelers with kids may prefer to visit at the weekend, when the children’s playgrounds are especially popular among other families.
Natural Attractions in Bilbao
Doña Casilda Park may be one of the most popular parks in Bilbao but there are plenty more natural attractions in and around the city for visitors to enjoy. Stay in Bilbao and enjoy panoramic views and people-watching in the Etxebarria Park or ride the Artxanda Funicular to Mt. Artxanda. Alternatively, take a day trip to Barinatxe Beach.
- Things to do in Basque Country
- Things to do in Santander
- Things to do in San Sebastian
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Bordeaux
- Things to do in Segovia
- Things to do in Madrid
- Things to do in Toulouse
- Things to do in Toledo
- Things to do in Tarragona
- Things to do in La Coruna
- Things to do in Nantes
- Things to do in Santiago de Compostela
- Things to do in Aquitaine
- Things to do in Castile and León
- Bilbao Fine Arts Museum (Museo de Bellas Artes de Bilbao)
- Euskalduna Palace (Palacio Euskalduna)
- River Maritime Museum (Museo Maritimo Ria)
- Moyua Square (Plaza Moyúa)
- Azkuna Zentroa
- Guggenheim Museum
- San Vicente Martír de Abando Church (Parroquia de San Vicente Martir de Abando)
- Zubizuri Bridge
- Artxanda Funicular (Funicular de Artxanda)
- Arriaga Theatre (Teatro Arriaga)
- Bilbao's Santiago Cathedral
- Casco Viejo
- Bizkaia Museum of Archaeology
- Basque Museum (Museo Vasco de Bilbao)