Boudewijn Theme Park and Dolfinarium
One of Bruges’ top family-friendly attractions, Boudewijn Theme Park and Dolfinarium is known for its dolphin, seal, and sea lion shows. In addition to marine mammals performing tricks, the park also has 20 outdoor attractions, including a roller coaster and pirate ship, as well as 10 indoor attractions suitable for a rainy day.
The animal shows at Boudewijn Theme Park and Dolfinarium are a big draw. Visitors are also invited to interact with the dolphins and sea lions—most of which were born in captivity—by entering the pool with them or having photos taken with them. You can also assist caretakers in dolphin-training sessions. Nonanimal attractions include bumper cars, waterslides, carousels, a train that chugs all the way around the park, and an orca-themed roller coaster. In the sprawling indoor playground, you’ll find adventure courses and bouncy castles, a ball pit, and a kid’s disco.
Things to Know Before You Go
Boudewijn Theme Park and Dolfinarium is an ideal activity for families.
An entry ticket gives you access to all of the shows, indoor and outdoor attractions, and Bobo’s AquaSplash water park.
The dolphin, seal, and seal lion shows are wheelchair-accessible. To take photos with dolphins, visitors must be able to kneel next to them.
How to Get There
Boudewijn Theme Park is accessible by train and bus. Take the train to Bruges Station, then walk 20 minutes or take bus 7 or 17 from De Lijn towards the city center (Centrum) to the Sint-Michiels Boudewijnpark stop, located at the park entrance. If you are driving, it’s less than a 10-minute journey from the center of Bruges, and the park has paid parking.
When to Get There
The park is open year-round but with reduced opening hours in the winter season, between October and the Easter holidays. Check the website for exact times and to find out when the dolphin, seal, and sea lion shows will be taking place.
Food and Drink
Boudewijn Theme Park has two on-site dining venues. The self-service SeaSide Restaurant, located at the front of the park, offers pizzas, sandwiches, pasta, and salads, and the MacDolphin Restaurant, at the back, serves a wide array of hot meals and snacks.
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in South Holland
- Minnewater (Lake of Love)
- Market Square (Markt)
- Princely Beguinage Ten Wijngaarde (Begijnhof)
- De Halve Maan Brewery
- Diamond Museum (Diamantmuseum)
- Sint-Janshospitaal (Saint John's Hospital)
- Old St. John Site (Site Oud Sint-Jan)
- Church of Our Lady (Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekerk)
- Canals of Bruges (Brugse Reien)
- Belfry of Bruges (Belfort van Brugge)
- Bruges City Hall (Stadhuis van Brugge)
- Bruges Beer Museum (Brugs Biermuseum)
- Historic Centre of Bruges (Historisch Centrum van Brugge)
- Burg Square