De Halve Maan Brewery
Any visit to Belgium is likely going to involve sampling some of the local beers, and De Halve Maan Brewery is one of the country’s best working breweries. The most convenient way to visit is by joining a guided tour, which last around 45 minutes and include a glass of beer at the top of the building.
Things to Know Before You Go
De Halve Maan Brewery is a must-visit for beer lovers.
Top beers here include the golden blonde Brugse Zot and the tripel Straffe Hendrik.
Guided tours are available in English, French, and Dutch, with German tours available on request.
Discounted rates for children under 12 are available, and kids under 6 visit free.
How to Get There
De Halve Maan Brewery is located in central Bruges, about a 10-minute walk south of Markt Square and a 4-minute walk north of Minnewater Park. The railway station is also about a 10-minute walk away. Bus numbers 11 and 12 stop near the brewery.
When to Get There
The brewery is open 11am–4pm Sunday through Friday and until 5pm on Saturday; from November through March it closes at 3 on weekdays. Guided tours are available daily throughout the year, operating every hour during the summer months, with reduced availability in the wintertime.
Dining at De Halve Maan
For those who want to linger a bit, De Halve Maan offers a restaurant with a daily lunch menu and dinner service Thursday and Friday. The menu features all sorts of Flemish specialties, including a beer terrine made with Brugse Zot. Vegetarian items and a kids' menu are also available.
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Amsterdam
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in South Holland
- Princely Beguinage Ten Wijngaarde (Begijnhof)
- Diamond Museum (Diamantmuseum)
- Sint-Janshospitaal (Saint John's Hospital)
- Old St. John Site (Site Oud Sint-Jan)
- Church of Our Lady (Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekerk)
- Minnewater (Lake of Love)
- Canals of Bruges (Brugse Reien)
- Market Square (Markt)
- Belfry of Bruges (Belfort van Brugge)
- Bruges City Hall (Stadhuis van Brugge)
- Bruges Beer Museum (Brugs Biermuseum)
- Historic Centre of Bruges (Historisch Centrum van Brugge)
- Burg Square
- Basilica of the Holy Blood (Heilig-Bloedbasiliek)