Medieval Times Chicago
Experience entertainment fit for a king at Medieval Times in Chicago. The huge stone towers of the Schaumberg Castle house a rousing dinner and action-packed jousting tournament featuring sword fighting, horsemanship, and falconry. Guests can cheer and leer for their favorite knights while devouring a medieval-style feast.
Advance reservations are highly recommended, with the choice of three levels of royal service. When you arrive, take a seat at the ringside banquet tables and savor a 4-course meal delivered by servers in medieval costumes. As the tournament opens, watch for the flight of a highly trained royal falcon, and cheer on one of six armored knights as they joust and battle for the queen’s favor using real horses and weapons.
Things to know before you go
- In keeping with 11th-century etiquette, no eating utensils are provided; prepare to get your hands messy.
- Non-alcoholic beverages are included in the ticket price; beer, wine, and cocktails are available to purchase.
- Vegetarian meals are available on request.
- Children age 2 and under are free as long as they sit on an adult’s lap.
- Pick up a medieval-style souvenir at the castle gift shop, or browse weapons at the armory.
How to get there
Medieval Times Chicago is located in Schaumburg, IL, about a 45-minute drive northwest of downtown Chicago. Arriving by car is the easiest way to get there. Free parking is available outside the castle.
When to get there
The castle gates open 75 minutes before showtime. Banquet seating is first-come, first-served, so arrive early to score the best seats.
Schaumburg Nature Walks
Schaumburg is one of Chicago's greenest suburbs, with more than 300 acres of nature preserves and wildlife conservation areas. Before attending a tournament at Medieval Times, get back to nature by exploring the ponds, prairies, and trails, at open spaces like Gray Farm Park Marsh, the Kay Wojcik Conservation Area at Oak Hollow, or the Spring Valley Nature Center, featuring an 1880s heritage farm.
- Things to do in Illinois
- Things to do in Nashville
- Things to do in Duluth
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Branson
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Atlanta
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Minnesota
- Things to do in Ontario
- Things to do in Missouri