Top Darwin Shore Excursions
Saved to wishlist!
7 results | All Darwin Tours
One of the Northern Territory's key attractions is its isolation, but an increasing number of visitors means that the Territory's most popular attractions are becoming very busy. Cruise the Adelaide River without bumping into lots of other groups on this early-morning tour, with the chance to swim in picturesque rock pools and meet a crocodile without a horde of onlookers spoiling the experience.
See an abundance of birds, crocodiles and other wildlife on this day trip from Darwin with a 2.5-hour Corroboree Billabong cruise. You'll board a shaded, open-sided boat for optimal wildlife viewing along the Mary River Wetlands, home to the largest concentration of saltwater crocs as well as 30 species of birds. Hear commentary from your guide throughout the full-day tour, which includes an informative stop at Window on the Wetlands Visitor Centre as well as lunch and round-trip hotel transport.
Go sightseeing in Darwin with a hop-on hop-off pass that is valid for 24 or 48 hours. Cruise to top spots including Crocosaurus Cove, the waterfront precinct, and Darwin Military Museum. Enjoy unobstructed views from the open-top double-decker bus and informative onboard commentary. Simply hop on board to travel from sight to sight, and explore in depth on your own by hopping off at any of the convenient stops. Opt for two different tour lengths to suit your sightseeing schedule.
Explore the World War II sites of Darwin on this city sightseeing and cruise tour. Visit the Darwin war memorial and East Point Military Precinct, and explore Darwin Military Museum to chart the city’s wartime experience. Midway through, enjoy a small-boat cruise around Darwin Harbour, passing the modern naval base and the remnants and wreck sites of Japan’s devastating February 1942 air raids. Hotel pickup, entrance fees, and live onboard commentary included.
Swap your cruise ship for a hop-on hop-off bus tour of Darwin on this sightseeing shore excursion. Select a 24- or 48-hour pass and explore the city in the Top End at your own pace. Board the open-top double-decker bus from the cruise terminal at Fort Hill Wharf and disembark at any of the 11 stops around Darwin, or simply stay on the bus for a 60- or 90-minute narrated tour. Visit the Military Museum, Botanic Gardens, Doctors Gully, Crocosaurus Cove and more!
See where World War II bombs fell on Darwin on this harbour cruise. On 19 February 1942, Japanese planes targeted Allied ships in Darwin’s waters, causing mass destruction. Board an open-sided boat to cruise by these and other landmarks as you hear stories of the fateful day and Darwin’s wartime history. See remnants of the raids and underwater shipwreck sites, and sail by historical wharfs, pearling luggers, and other maritime locations. Live commentary included.
Experience Litchfield National Park and the wildlife and wonders of the Northern Territory on this full day adventure day from Darwin. This action-packed day trip includes a guided walk of Litchfield National Park—a tropical paradise known for its amazing waterfalls and swimming holes—along with a visit to a Butterfly Farm and Petting Zoo, and a Jumping Crocodile Cruise at Crocodylus Park, where you’ll come face to face with freshwater crocs.
What people are saying about Shore Excursions in Darwin
Litchfield National Park and Jumping Crocodile Cruise"The day was wonderful, informative and one to remember. Shout out goes to Will our tour guide. Bloody Funny, engaging, entertaining and very knowledgeable on bush tucker and the area. Jumping Croc tour was fantastic."..."
1 Day Corroboree Billabong Wetland Experience including 2.5 hour cruise + lunch"Getting close to birds and crocs. Jabiru bird was wonderful. Evan excellent guide and driver. Nice lunch on the water. Plenty of toilet stops!"..."
Darwin Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour"The bus travelled all around the Darwin city area and surrounds and provided interesting (if at time somewhat cheesy) commentary. It was a good way to get a feel for the whole area early in our stay here."..."
Bombing of Darwin World War II Tour with Harbour Cruise"Betty is an amazing, informative and very knowledgeable tour guide. I enjoyed the museum and probably could have had another hour to roam around. The harbour cruise gave us a different perspective of the bombing. I would definitely recommend this tour."..."
Darwin Harbour Bombing of Darwin Cruise"Guide was amazing, very informative throughout 👏. Well worth doing, I would suggest this cruise is a must do, history of WW2 in Darwin needs to be told! My Dad was in the Airforce based in Darwin over this time, the stories he told were a match to the information on this cruise! Well done 👏"..."
Litchfield Park Adventures and Jumping Crocodile Cruise + Butterfly Farm"What an adventure….. Fantastic day and well worth the trip….. Besides seeing and swimming in such beautiful parts of Litchfield National Park our tour guide Dan provided an extremely educational adventure which provides a greater perspective of the past and understanding of this unbelievable part of the world"..."
We perform checks on reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Shore Excursions in Darwin?
The best Shore Excursions in Darwin according to Viator travellers are:
What Shore Excursions in Darwin are taking additional safety precautions?
These Darwin experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
- Crocosaurus Cove Tours & Tickets
- Window on the Wetlands Visitor Centre Tours & Tickets
- Arnhem Land Tours & Tickets
- Charles Darwin National Park Tours & Tickets
- Qantas Hangar Tours & Tickets
- George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens Tours & Tickets
- Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (MAGNT) Tours & Tickets
- Parliament House Tours & Tickets
- Darwin Aviation Museum Tours & Tickets
- Myilly Point Heritage Precinct Tours & Tickets
- Darwin Waterfront Precint Tours & Tickets
- Bicentennial Park Tours & Tickets
- East Point Reserve Tours & Tickets
- Mindil Beach Tours & Tickets
- Aquascene Tours & Tickets
- Fannie Bay Gaol Tours & Tickets
- Lyons Cottage Tours & Tickets
- Magnetic Termite Mounds Tours & Tickets
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets