Best Of All Lookout
As you walk along the 1,148-foot (350-meter) trail to the viewing platform, look out for eucalyptus trees and Antarctic Beech trees in the surrounding subtropical and temperate rainforest. At the viewing platform, take in the stunning views of Mt. Warning, Mt. Cougal, Tweed Valley, and coastal views from the Gold Coast to Byron Bay.
Most visitors visit Best of All Lookout and Springbrook National Park on a day trip from Brisbane or the Gold Coast. Opt to visit Springbrook National Park, or in combination with nearby Mt. Tamborine National Park.
Things to know before you go
- Don’t forget your camera to capture the panoramic views.
- Although the trail to the lookout is well-paved and even, wear sturdy shoes if you are planning to explore elsewhere in the park.
- It’s a good idea to bring sun protection, water, and insect repellant.
- Bring bags to pack out your trash, as there are no trash cans in the park.
- Bring layers, as Springbrook National Park can be cool, even in summer.
- The path to the lookout is wheelchair-accessible, though expect some elevation changes.
How to get there
The Best of All Lookout is located inside Springbrook National Park, about 65 miles (105 kilometers) south of Brisbane. The best way to get there is to join a guided tour, or to drive there. If you’re coming from Purlingbrook Falls, the lookout will be on your right-hand side.
When to get there
The best time to visit the Best of All Lookout is on a clear day, to get the best and most expansive views. Mornings are the best times to visit, before the mist rolls in. Around sunset is another great time to visit. If you plan to explore other areas in Springbrook National Park, make sure you leave yourself enough time.
Springbrook National Park offers a number of natural attractions besides the Best of All Lookout. Popular sites include Natural Bridge, Purlingbrook Falls, Twin Falls, Gomoolahra Falls, Canyon Lookout, and glowworm caves.
- Springbrook National Park
- O’Reilly’s Tree Top Walk
- Lamington National Park
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Burleigh Heads
- Dracula's Cabaret Gold Coast
- SkyPoint Observation Deck
- Sea World Gold Coast
- Glow Worm Caves Tamborine Mountain
- Marina Mirage
- Tamborine Mountain Distillery