Maritime Museum of Tasmania Tours and Activities
Hobart’s heart lies on the sea, and as an island Tasmania’s history is inextricably bound to the water.
If you’d like to learn more about Tasmania’s maritime history, the Maritime Museum of Tasmania provides all the answers.
You’ll see models of the ships that docked at Sullivans Cove, hear the stories of the men who sailed in them, learn about Australia’s first explorers and see the navigational instruments they used.
The watercraft of Tasmania’s original inhabitants, the Aborigines, are also displayed, along with artifacts rescued from shipwrecks, photographs, paintings and whaling equipment.
Tours and Activities to Experience Maritime Museum of Tasmania
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in North Island
- Things to do in Northern Territory
- Mawson's Hut Replica Museum
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery
- Sullivan's Cove
- Lark Distillery
- St. David's Cathedral
- Parliament House
- Hobart Salamanca Market
- Constitution Dock
- Macquarie Wharf Cruise Ship Terminal (Hobart Cruise Port)
- Hobart Convict Penitentiary
- Battery Point
- St. George's Anglican Church
- South Hobart
- Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens
- Queens Domain