Bondues Museum of the Resistance (Musée de la Résistance)
Between March 17, 1943, and May 1, 1944, 68 antagonists were shot by Nazis at the Bondues Fort. It’s on the ruins (the fort was destroyed by the Germans before they evacuated the area in 1944) of this very fort that stands Bondues' Museum of the Resistance (Musée de la Résistance). The museum is a symbol of strength if there ever was one, honoring the memory of these gallant dead. Dedicated to the resistance movement in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region during World War II, the museum features exclusive artifacts, reconstitutions and knick-knacks related to Wold War II, organized in a noteworthy scenography throughout five different rooms named Memories, Refusal, Courage, Engagement and Sacrifice. A memorial to the memory of the 68 victims was erected in 1997.
The Musée de la Resistanceis located on Chemin Saint-Georges in Bondues, just outside of Lille. It is not accessible by public transit but it can be reached by car in 25 minutes from central Lille by using routes D751, D652 and D654. Entry costs €6 for everyone over 12 years of age. From September to June, the museum is open on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 2 to 4:30PM, as well as the first and third Sunday of the month between 2:30 and 6. In July and August, the museum is open on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday between 2 and 6PM.
- Lille Old Town (Vieux Lille) Tours & Tickets
- Hospice Comtesse Museum (Musée de l'Hospice Comtesse) Tours & Tickets
- Lille Museum of Fine Arts (Palais des Beaux Arts de Lille) Tours & Tickets
- Grand Place Tours & Tickets
- Lille Town Hall and Belfry (Beffroi de l'Hôtel de Ville de Lille) Tours & Tickets
- Le Fresnoy National Studio for Contemporary Arts (Le Fresnoy Studio National des Arts Contemporains) Tours & Tickets
- Aqualud Tours & Tickets
- Bondues Museum of the Resistance (Musée de la Résistance)