Hotel Esplanade is home to three stages, 12 bars, and two restaurants. The hotel decor celebrated bold, vintage furniture and features band posters throughout the years. Watch a big-name band or emerging artist on one of the stages; sip cocktails at a bar overlooking St. Kilda beach; or enjoy BBQ meat or pizza in one of the restaurants. Due to its icon status, Hotel Esplanade is a regular feature on music tours of Melbourne.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Hotel Esplanade is a must-visit for music fans in Melbourne.
- The venue has plenty of restrooms and Wi-Fi throughout.
- Dress code for Hotel Esplanade is casual; open shoes, hats, and shorts are allowed.
- The majority of the Esplanade Hotel is wheelchair accessible.
How to Get There
From Melbourne CBD, Hotel Esplanade is a 15-minute drive via Ferrars Street. If you’re taking public transport, hop aboard the 96 tram at Elizabeth Street or the 16 tram at Melbourne Central Station and alight at The Esplanade stop, from which Hotel Esplanade is a few hundred meters.
When to Get There
Hotel Esplanade is only year-round, Monday to Sunday, from around lunchtime to the early hours of the morning. Check the website for the everchanging programme of music and comedy.
The Ghost of Alfred Felton
With advance booking and the use of a special key, you can gain access to a cocktail bar on the top floor of Hotel Esplanade. Named the ghost of Alfred Fenlto after the philanthropist who once lodged at the historic pub, the cocktail bar serves drinks inspired by Prohibition-era mixes.
- Visiting the Little Penguins
- How to Pick a Great Ocean Road Tour
- Wine Tasting in Yarra Valley
- Melbourne Street Art
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Melbourne
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Melbourne
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Fall
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Spring
- Top Parks and Gardens in Melbourne
- Art Lover's Guide to Melbourne
- First-Timers Guide to Melbourne