The District Docklands
Everyone wants a gift from vacation, and the District Docklands are a practical place for finding a really good deal. Here on the city’s bustling Docklands just outside of West Melbourne, visitors might find that special gift at one of the 90 outlets. Start the adventure with coffee or tea from one of the cafés on site, and peruse the sprawling retail maze in search of the perfect fit. If visiting Melbourne from overseas, swing by the center’s Tourism Lounge for a second round of deals, since tourists often receive bonus discounts not available to other shoppers. Additional features include a Ferris wheel and occasional outdoor ice rink, and the District Docklands can be a family outing—not just another shop.
The District Docklands is open from 10am-6pm on Saturdays through Thursdays. Fridays are open until 9pm, and many stores close at 5pm on Sundays. To visit, either take the train to Southern Cross Station and walk to the esplanade, or ride tram number 86 until it reaches its final stop. If traveling by car, parking begins at $3 and is $10 for the day.
- Visiting the Little Penguins
- How to Pick a Great Ocean Road Tour
- Wine Tasting in Yarra Valley
- Melbourne Street Art
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Melbourne
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Melbourne
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Fall
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Spring
- Top Parks and Gardens in Melbourne
- Art Lover's Guide to Melbourne
- First-Timers Guide to Melbourne