Top Melbourne Archaeology Tours
Saved to wishlist!
10 results | All Melbourne Tours
Experience the Great Ocean Road’s top attractions on this guided excursion that follows the iconic road in reverse. Embark on your journey and beat the crowds while learning about the region’s scenic landscapes and pretty coastal towns from an informative guide. Visit sites including the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge, Port Campbell, London Bridge, and Great Otway National Park Rainforest.
Take in breathtaking sights of long sandy beaches and dramatic cliffs on this guided, full-day tour of Australia’s Great Ocean Road. See some of the most spectacular coastal scenery on Earth, including the Twelve Apostles limestone stacks and Gibson's Steps, site of historic cliff lines. Bushwalk in Great Otway National Park and try out your koala-spotting skills. Travel in a deluxe mini-coach with a small group for a relaxing, personalized experience.
Experience Australian wildlife and rainforest up-close and personal with a full day trip to Moonlit Sanctuary and the Puffing Billy Steam Train from Melbourne. Explore Moonlit Sanctuary's bushland setting with an experienced guide, and meet animals that range from koalas to kangaroos, dingos to monitor lizards. Learn about local conservation efforts. Soak up the wild atmosphere of a mountain rainforest while riding a century-old steam train along scenic tracks before returning to Melbourne.
Do you know that Melbourne has the highest number of cafes and restaurants per number of people than any other city in the world? Immerse yourself in Melbourne cafe culture and street art, exploring the hidden treasures located within the many cobblestone laneways and alleyways within the City center. Five of the six tallest buildings in Australia are in Melbourne’s CBD. Are you ready to discover the true heart of Melbourne?
Explore Melbourne’s charming laneways and opulent arcades on a small-group walking tour. Uncovered tucked-away gems like specialty boutiques and local fashion designers, and savor Melbourne’s café culture with a stop for coffee or tea, a chocolate tasting and an optional lunch at a local eatery. Tour numbers are limited to eight people to ensure a personalized experience.
Discover some of Australia’s most photographed landscapes on this full-day tour of the famous Great Ocean Road from Melbourne. Stop for morning tea in Anglesea, spot wild koalas along the way, and tuck into lunch overlooking the dramatic Apollo Bay. After lunch, enjoy a hike through Great Otway National Park, learn how the notorious Shipwreck Coast earned its name, and marvel over natural landmarks like the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge, and the Gibson Steps.
Starting from the heart of the city we walk along the Yarra River into Melbourne's world famous sporting precinct exploring over 150 years of sports history ranging from the Olympics, cricket, Australian football, rugby, tennis through to horseracing, F1, surfing and golf. We finish with a guided tour inside the MCG, visiting behind the scenes locations such as the players change rooms, the famous Long Room and the media centre.
Spend a full day exploring the landmarks of the Great Ocean Road. Watch the sunset at the famous Twelve Apostles rock formation, pass the Otway Ranges and spot koalas, explore landmarks in Port Campbell National Park and more. Known as one of Australia's most beautiful drives and one of Victoria's most popular destinations, the Great Ocean Road offers great photo ops of coastal scenery, picturesque seaside towns and pristine wilderness—a must-do excursion from Melbourne.
Sip your choice of drinks on a "hidden" bar walking tour in Melbourne. Stroll with your guide to four locations for cocktails, Australian wine and beer, stopping into a classic pub, a speakeasy-style cocktail bar tucked into the laneway, a wine bar with options from the nearby Yarra Valley, and a fourth bar that will be selected by your guide depending on your group’s interests. You'll learn about Melbourne's bar scene and local history, and get tips for additional places to visit on your own.
Get a real taste of Melbourne on this 2-hour walking tour of the famous Queen Victoria Market, which dates back to the 19th-century. With a small group of no more than 12 people per guide, you’ll enjoy a personalised experience with your local guide, as you browse the myriad stalls and mingle with the locals. Enjoy tastings of delicious seasonal delicacies (included). Tasting will depend on what is fresh on the day, but typically include Coffin Bay Oysters, grilled peppered kangaroo, pickled octopus, local goats’ milk cheese, fresh dolmades and Victorian olives. Your tour ends with a famous hot jam doughnut from the iconic American Doughnut Kitchen.
What people are saying about Archaeology Tours in Melbourne
Great Ocean Road Reverse Itinerary Boutique Tour - Max 12 People"Branden was an amazing tour guide ! Very knowledgeable about everything and had some great tunes to listen too throughout the tour! We got to see kangaroos and koalas which was an extra bonus! If you’re thinking about doing this tour just do it . It’s so worth it !!"..."
Puffing Billy, Moonlit Sanctuary & Penguins Day Tour"Alan our tour guide was wonderful. Healesville sanctuary was a great stop-we loved the platypus and bird talk. The train is a fun experience, but it is a little disorganized because there are too many workers organizing people."..."
Melbourne Sports Experience + Free MCG Tour"Paul was a great tour guide around the stadia with insights and anecdotes from decades ago to present day, spanning everything from Tennis to Cricket to AFL to Water Polo in the 56 Olympics and the notorious Blood in the Water! It was the perfect complement to the MCG tour that in itself was fascinating hearing from an MCC member who was a wealth of knowledge as we explored the stadium for an inside look at changing rooms, to player viewing area as well as getting on the ground. All in all great fun with some good laughs along the way."..."
Melbourne Walking Tour: Uncover Hidden Laneway Bars"Fantastic way to spend the afternoon, great guide, great venues, great time. Loved finding out about the local history while we discovered some of Melbourne's best hidden bars"..."
Queen Victoria Market Ultimate Foodie Tour"Really enjoyed this tour! We learned so much about the history of Melbourne and the public market. The food we tried was amazing!! Our guide was so knowledgeable and delightful! This is the only way to really learn about the market and really appreciate it. A fantastic activity in Melbourne!!"..."
We perform checks on reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Archaeology Tours in Melbourne?
The best Archaeology Tours in Melbourne according to Viator travellers are:
What Archaeology Tours in Melbourne are taking additional safety precautions?
These Melbourne experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Archaeology Tours in Melbourne are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Melbourne may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Collins Street Tours & Tickets
- Como House and Garden Tours & Tickets
- Albert Park Tours & Tickets
- Sherbrooke Forest Tours & Tickets
- Flagstaff Gardens Tours & Tickets
- South Wharf Tours & Tickets
- Crown Melbourne Tours & Tickets
- St Patrick's Cathedral Tours & Tickets
- LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne Tours & Tickets
- Queen Victoria Market Tours & Tickets
- National Sports Museum Tours & Tickets
- Rod Laver Arena Tours & Tickets
- Moonlit Sanctuary Tours & Tickets
- Dandenong Ranges Tours & Tickets
- Luna Park Melbourne Tours & Tickets
- Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) Tours & Tickets
- Flemington Racecourse Tours & Tickets
- City Circle Tram Tours & Tickets
- SEA LIFE® Melbourne Aquarium Tours & Tickets
- Brighton Beach Tours & Tickets
- Visiting the Little Penguins
- How to Pick a Great Ocean Road Tour
- Wine Tasting in Yarra Valley
- Melbourne Street Art
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Melbourne
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Melbourne
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Fall
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Spring
- Top Parks and Gardens in Melbourne
- Art Lover's Guide to Melbourne
- First-Timers Guide to Melbourne
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets
Day Trips from Melbourne
- Melbourne to Australia
- Melbourne to New South Wales
- Melbourne to Victoria
- Melbourne to Sydney
- Melbourne to Twelve Apostles
- Melbourne to Wilsons Promontory National Park
- Melbourne to Grampians National Park
- Melbourne to Healesville Sanctuary
- Melbourne to Albert Park
- Melbourne to Brighton Beach
- Melbourne to Sovereign Hill
- Melbourne to Mornington Peninsula
- Melbourne to Brighton
- Melbourne to Great Otway National Park
- Melbourne to Ballarat
- Melbourne to Geelong