Schermerhorn Symphony Center
From classical recitals and world music to contemporary pop and jazz, the Schermerhorn Symphony Center offers a diverse program of performances. Most shows take place at the main Laura Turner Concert Hall, where you can watch the Nashville Symphony Orchestra perform anything from Mozart and Beethoven classics to songs from Harry Potter and The Sound of Music. To see behind the scenes, join one of the weekly tours that are available by reservation only.
Things to know before you go
- Schermerhorn Symphony Center is a popular choice for fans of all musical genres; it also hosts a number of family-friendly concerts and children’s events at the Mike Curb Family Music Education Hall.
- Tickets for popular shows can sell out quickly, so advance booking is highly recommended.
- A range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are available to purchase before the concerts and during the intervals.
- The Forum is accessible to both strollers and wheelchairs.
How to get there
Schermerhorn Symphony Center is located on Symphony Place in the SoBro district of downtown Nashville. It’s just across the street from the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. Riverfront train station, which is serviced by train line #90, and buses #6, #64, and #93, is just a 5-minute walk away.
When to get there
Concerts take place several nights a week, with evening shows typically starting early evening and weekend matinees midafternoon.
Nashville’s Must-Visit Music Venues
Nashville’s live music scene is famous around the world, so attending a show while you’re in Music City is a must for music lovers. The Ryman Auditorium and the Grand Ole Opry are the flagship venues for country music, where superstars from Hank Williams and Dolly Parton have taken the stage. For a more intimate experience, the Mercy Lounge, the Bluebird Café, and the Blue Room host top bands and artists alongside local favorites and upcoming talent. There’s also The Station Inn, a renowned venue for bluegrass; the Basement East for rock music; and the War Memorial Auditorium, where the roster features big-name rock, pop, and hip hop artists.
- Things to do in Tennessee
- Things to do in Atlanta
- Things to do in Sapa
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Branson
- Things to do in Chicago
- Things to do in Destin
- Things to do in Orange Beach
- Things to do in Panama City Beach
- Things to do in Savannah
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in New Orleans
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Alabama
- Things to do in Missouri