Nightmares Fear Factory
Set within a former coffin factory, this haunted house preys on participants’ psychological fears. Visitors make their way through a darkened maze where lighting, blood-curdling noises, and other effects are used to shock participants; their petrified expressions are caught on camera, with reaction photographs available for purchase.
Visitors can prepurchase tickets to the Nightmares Fear Factory and skip waiting in the ticket line. Buy individual tickets, or opt for combination passes that also include Ripley’s Believe it or Not!, Louis Tussaud’s WaxWorks, and Ripley’s Moving Theatre. Once inside, if the jump scares are too much to handle, shout out “Nightmares!” You’ll be rescued and added to the “chicken list,” which features more than 155,000 names.
Things to know before you go
- The Nightmares Fear Factory is geared toward adults, and, while children over six can enter, it may be too scary for some.
- Up to six people can go in the Nightmares Fear Factory together.
- The attraction is not wheelchair accessible, and is not suitable for visitors with mobility issues.
- The experience typically takes around 10–15 minutes to complete.
How to get there
The Nightmares Fear Factory is situated on Victoria Avenue in Niagara Falls’ busy Clifton Hill District, opposite Casino Niagara. Walking from Hornblower Landing takes about 10 minutes.
When to get there
Visit after 9pm for spooky late-night vibes and fewer crowds. Nightmares Fear Factory stays open late, often until midnight and occasionally as late as 2am. Closing time can vary depending on weather and other factors, so check ahead before arriving.
Scary Attractions at Niagara Falls
Nightmares Fear Factory is one of several fear-inducing attractions in Niagara Falls. Just a short walk away on Clifton Hill sits the House of Frankenstein, a haunted house filled with ghoulish props, spooky scenes, and animatronic monster figures. Dracula’s Haunted Castle, also on Clifton Hill, promises yet more frights, while the Zombie Attack interactive adventure ride pits participants against the undead.
- Louis Tussaud's Waxworks
- Niagara SkyWheel
- Clifton Hill
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! Niagara Falls
- Movieland Wax Museum of the Stars
- Great Canadian Midway
- Fallsview Indoor Waterpark
- Ripley's 4D Moving Theater Niagara Falls
- Greg Frewin Theatre
- Rainbow Bridge
- Queen Victoria Park
- Skylon Tower
- Niagara Falls IMAX Theatre
- Bridal Veil Falls
- Cave of the Winds
- Two Days in Niagara Falls
- Hornblower Niagara Cruises
- Niagara Falls in Summer
- How to Spend 2 Days on the Canadian Side of Niagara Falls
- How to Spend 3 Days at Niagara Falls
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Canadian Side of Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls After Dark: Light Shows and Fireworks
- Things to Do at Niagara Falls This Summer
- Hornblower Niagara Cruises