Eze’s tiny size means it’s often relegated to a pit stop for those heading east to Monaco or west to Cannes and St.-Tropez, but the medieval village can also make a quieter base to explore the glitzy resorts along the coast. A full- or half-day tour from Nice, Cannes, or Monte Carlo often includes nearby villages such as St.-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, Menton, or La Turbie.
Recent reviews from experiences in Nice
Things to Know Before You Go
Bring comfortable shoes to navigate the steep lanes and cobblestones of the Old Town.
Eze’s medieval streets can sometimes be a challenge for wheelchair users, so it’s best to check ahead for wheelchair access to hotels, restaurants, and attractions.
How to Get to Eze
Eze is located at the eastern tip of the French Riviera and close to the France-Monaco border. Its closest airport is in Nice, just 7 miles (11 kilometers) away, roughly 30 minutes by car, with most tours driving along the famous Corniche coastal road.
When to Get There
Celebrities, jet setters, and sun-seekers flock to the French Riviera in spring and summer, and Eze sees a steady stream of tour groups passing through. To avoid the crowds, get there early or stick around after the tour buses have left. Those wanting to soak up the atmosphere of popular events like the Cannes Film Festival or the Monaco Grand Prix will find Eze a good place to escape the masses, although be aware that accommodation, flight, and tour prices can soar during these busy months. Out of season, Eze is equally charming, but check ahead to ensure that hotels and attractions are open.
A Sightseeing Tour of Eze
Eze’s principal attraction is its attractive Old Town, centered around the majestic ruins of a 12th-century castle, and it’s easy to explore on foot. After admiring the medieval architecture, stroll around the Jardin Exotique and admire the exotic blooms of the stunning gardens, hike down to the beaches of Eze-Sur-Mer, or take a tour of the famous Fragonard perfume factory.
- Things to do in French Riviera
- Things to do in Monte-Carlo
- Things to do in Cannes
- Things to do in Toulon
- Things to do in Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Marignane
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Provence
- Villa Kerylos
- Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild
- Cote d’Azur Observatory (Observatoire de la Cote d’Azur)
- Villefranche Cruise Port (Port de la Santé)
- Mt. Boron (Mont Boron)
- Cimiez Monastery (Monastere de Cimiez)
- Matisse Museum (Musée Matisse)
- Place Garibaldi
- Quai Lunel
- Castle Hill (Colline du Château)
- Marc Chagall National Museum (Musée National Marc Chagall)
- Cours Saleya Flower Market (Marché aux Fleurs Cours Saleya)
- Quai des États-Unis
- Massena Square (Place Masséna)
- Molinard Perfumery (Maison Molinard)