Top Nîmes Walking Tours
Saved to wishlist!
3 results | All Nîmes Tours
See the sights of Nimes with a private guide, just for your personal group. Offering a more flexible way to see the sights, the tour showcases the city’s Roman relics with commentary that’s tailored to your interests. You’ll see the Arena of Nimes and La Maison Carrée, along with the medieval streets of the city center where restaurants and enticing boutiques wait to be discovered.
Welcome to Languedoc's Roman city. Nimes boasts an intact 4th century BC Roman temple and a preserved Roman Amphitheatre in its center. Walk the streets and see the sights that were used as settings for the movie "Gladiator", during our stroll across the charm oozing center. Nimes is also the birthplace of denim, meaning “from Nîmes”. It was exported to the US during the early 19th century for the production of ship sails, tarps and workman's trousers. Then Levi Strauss, a Bavarian immigrant, used it in 1870 to make trousers for the new frontier of the Wild West. Made in Genoa, where also the name “jeans” come from, with “de Nimes” cloth. Next time you put on your jeans, you will remember Nimes, and the city tour that took you for a walk through a charming little French town drenched in history. You will learn about: About the Roman history of the city The filming of Gladiator The French monarchy Bull fighting in France The importance of water in Nimes The crocodiles and Nimes
Discover this city full of beautiful preserved architecture of the Roman era and admire sites such as the Amphitheater, which was built in the 1st-Century BC and remodeled in the 19th-Century to serve as a bullring. Witness its curious construction and its excellent state of preservation that allowed groups like Rammstein and Metallica to perform memorable concerts in the arena in recent years. Visit the Jardin des Fontaines (Garden of Fountain) in the city center and admire the ruined Roman Tour Magne and the Temple de Diane. Discover the Maison Carrée, the Roman Empire temple that's so miraculously intact, it looks like it was built yesterday ! Explore the exterior architecture of the Musée de Beaux Arts. The tour will take you wherever you wish in the company of your own personal guide, who will help you uncover one of Europe’s most magnificent Roman cities.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Walking Tours in Nîmes?
The best Walking Tours in Nîmes according to Viator travellers are:
What Walking Tours in Nîmes are taking additional safety precautions?
These Nîmes experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Walking Tours in Nîmes are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Nîmes may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Things to do in Languedoc-Roussillon
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Montpellier
- Things to do in Marignane
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Toulon
- Things to do in Cannes
- Things to do in Lyon
- Things to do in Nice
- Things to do in Girona
- Things to do in Monte-Carlo
- Things to do in Provence
- Things to do in French Riviera
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets