Tours and Tickets to Experience Tlacolula Market (Mercado de Tlacolula)
Experience the culture, history, and traditions of Oaxaca on a private sightseeing tour of the area. Depart from your accommodation and visit several important landmarks including archeological sites, artisan workshops, the ancient Hierve el Agua, traditional markets, and even a mezcal distillery. There is a lot to see in Oaxaca and this tour covers a lot of ground, which lets you make the most of your time.
Oaxacan cuisine is one of the most varied and exquisite in Mexico and the markets of Oaxaca offer a delight for all the senses. Market days in one of the Zapotec towns of Oaxaca are incredible since different indigenous women arrive with flowers, spices, vegetables, handicrafts and animals to sell, characterized by their clothing and forms of living together.
This experience is taught by a mezcal producer, who also worked in academic aspects, teaching classes and writing articles for specialized magazines.
We take you to a Zapotec village where you will prepare traditional Oaxacan recipes with the help of kitchen experts, all based on corn. You will prepare Atole, Atole is a traditionally drink for the celebration of the Day of the Dead and tamales. Tamales are a traditional Mexican dish made with a corn based dough mixture that is filled with various meats or beans and cheese. Tamales are wrapped and cooked in corn husks. Activity: We drive you 30 minutes far away from the city to arrive in a Zapotec Village, here you will experience part of the Oaxacan Cuisine. You will visit a market where you will get fresh, organic and local ingredients for your cooking class. You will use some cooking utensils used by the ancient indigenous people like: molcajete, metate, griddle, jars, pots, pans, tortilla press, baskets, clay plates, grinders, pots, spatulas, spoons. You will be able to know & to use them! At the end of the class you will able to taste your own creation.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What's the best way to experience Tlacolula Market (Mercado de Tlacolula)?
- Things to do in Puerto Escondido
- Things to do in Central Mexico
- Things to do in Guerrero
- Things to do in Western Highlands
- Things to do in Acapulco
- Things to do in Taxco
- Things to do in Mexico City
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Pacific Highlands
- Things to do in Jalisco
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Guanacaste and Northwest
- Teotitlán del Valle
- Tule Tree (Arbol del Tule)
- Hierve el Agua
- San Bartolo Coyotepec
- Abastos Market (Central de Abastos)
- Cacaluta Bay (Bahia de Cacaluta)
- Oaxaca Ethnobotanical Garden (Jardín Etnobotánico de Oaxaca)
- Oaxaca Culture Museum (Museo de las Culturas de Oaxaca)
- 20 de Noviembre Market (Mercado 20 de Noviembre)
- Santo Domingo de Guzmán Church (Templo de Santo Domingo de Guzmán)
- Casa Crespo
- Benito Juárez Home (Casa de Benito Juárez)