Vaima Shopping Centre
The Vaima Shopping Centre is the largest shopping mall in Tahiti, French Polynesia's main island. This multilevel mall opened in 1977 and is located in the capital city of Papeete. At the Vaima Shopping Centre, visitors can shop at high end stores for clothing, jewelry, shoes, electronics, art, and much more. Some worldwide brands include Nike, Billabong, and Bose, but there are also many other local stores at the mall. It's a great place to buy souvenirs and island themed clothing. The mall is well known for its French bookstores that sell books in both English and French in many different genres and maps of the French Polynesian islands. A popular item to shop for in Tahiti is the Tahitian black pearl, and there are several shops in the Vaima Shopping Centre that specialize in black pearls.
The mall has restaurants and cafes, so you can take a break from shopping to get something to eat. There are also a few travel agents, airline offices, a locksmith and shoe repair shop, salons and a bank.
The Vaima Shopping Centre is located on Avenue du Maréchal Foch in Papeete near the Notre Dame Cathedral and the main port. It is approximately 10 minutes from the international airport.
- Marché de Pape'ete (Pape'ete Market)
- Vai'ete Square (Place Vai'ete)
- To'ata Square (Tahua To'ata)
- Bougainville Park (Parc Bougainville)
- Papeete Town Hall (Mairie de Papeete)
- Territorial Assembly (Place Tarahoi)
- Robert Wan Pearl Museum (Musee de la Perle Robert Wan)
- Notre Dame Cathedral (Cathedrale de Notre Dame)
- Arahoho Blowhole (Trou de Souffleur de Arahoho)