Milsons Point is included in many Sydney sightseeing tours, including photography tours, running tours, tours of North Sydney, tours of Sydney’s beaches and foreshores, and general Sydney highlight tours. It can easily be combined with a tour of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Opt for a private tour to fully customize your itinerary. For a different perspective, add on a Sydney Harbour cruise or a helicopter tour. A hop-on hop-off boat tour allows you to explore Milsons Point and other Sydney attractions at your leisure.
Things to know before you go
- There are numerous restaurant and shop options in Milsons Point.
- It’s free to enter Luna Park; you just need to pay for rides and games.
- Most of the attractions and transport options in Milsons Point are wheelchair accessible.
How to get there
Milsons Point is well connected by transport. Ferries connect the Milsons Point Ferry Wharf with Circular Quay and Darling Harbour. The Milson’s Point Railway Station is served by the T1 North Shore & Western Line, the T9 Northern Line, and the CCN Central Coast and Newcastle Line. A number of buses stop in the area, including nos. 227, 228, and 230. It’s also possible to walk across the Harbour Bridge to the Sydney CBD, as well as to drive.
When to get there
Time your visit around sunset, then stay after dark to take some great photos of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House. Milsons Point is a popular place to watch the New Year's Eve celebrations and fireworks. Arrive early to grab a good spot.
Best Photo Spots for the Sydney Skyline
There are several other notable places where you can capture that perfect Sydney skyline photo. In addition to Milsons Point, photographers should also head to Mrs. Macquarie’s Chair, the Sydney Harbour Bridge Pylon Lookout, McMahons Point, Cremorne Wharf, and Cockle Bay.
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Queensland