The Star Sydney
Centered on the Star Casino, The Star Sydney is a landmark entertainment complex on the shores of Sydney’s Darling Harbour. A club, a spa, a theater, three hotels, and a wealth of bars and restaurants surround the signature casino—with games from slots to baccarat—and private gaming areas reserved for elite members.
Glistening on the waterfront, The Star draws rollers—and the odd high-roller—from Australia, Asia, and beyond. Dining options range from casual street food bites to fine dining and fusion cuisine. With bars aplenty, it’s possible to raise a toast at cocktail lounges, a sports bar, the Marquee club, or the popular Rock Lily live music venue. The Star Poker Room hosts several weekly tournaments as well as the Sydney World Series of Poker. Many travelers opt to see The Star from a distance on a Sydney harbor cruise or experience the complex by booking show tickets at the Sydney Lyric Theatre or the rooftop event center.
Things to know before you go
- Dress codes apply both for the Star casino and its premium gaming area. Hats and caps are banned, while sleeveless tops may be problematic.
- Guests must be at least 18 to enter The Star casino.
- The Star’s public areas are wheelchair-accessible, with adapted bathrooms and dedicated parking bays for travelers who use wheelchairs. Some hotel rooms and apartments are adapted for travelers with disabilities.
How to get there
The Star sits on Darling Harbour in the heart of downtown Sydney. It’s easy to reach by public transport: Simply catch Light Rail line 1 from Central Station to The Star station. The casino operates a shuttle service, the Star Express, from suburbs around Sydney—but you need to be a member to use it.
When to get there
The Star Sydney casino and complex is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, but to make the most of the dining and drinking options visit in the evening. The period around Lunar New Year (in January or February) can be extremely busy.
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Queensland
- Tall Ship James Craig
- Australian National Maritime Museum
- Sydney Fish Market (SFM)
- Madame Tussauds Sydney
- WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo
- SEA LIFE® Sydney Aquarium
- Cockle Bay
- Darling Harbour
- Bradleys Head
- Cockle Bay Wharf
- Sydney Central Business District
- Queen Victoria Building (QVB)
- Strand Arcade
- Powerhouse Museum
- Chinese Garden of Friendship