Top Western Highlands Multi-day Tours
Saved to wishlist!
Tours by Duration
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
How to Get Around
Private Sightseeing Tours
Art & Culture
Nature and Wildlife Tours
On the Ground
5 results | All Western Highlands Tours
This trekking adventure with a duration of 3 days of walking and a distance of 60 kilometers and a high elevation of 3,837 meters (La Torre) is the non-volcanic mountain chain highest elevation in Central America From Nebaj lasts for three days starting the hike in the (Region Ixil) to Todos Santos takes you off the beaten track and discover uncharted mountains Cuchumatanes chain where people live inthe remote communities and their traditional routes through 3 zones starting with the region “Maya Ixil, area , then here we will Mam area the “Chaplaincy, La Ventosa, Tower “up to Todos Santos mountain chain that is hardly visited Guatemala with few changes and features as unique as spectacular scenery, green valleys of pine, fir, juniper, oak, madrone is crossed, barren plateaus. The region was one of the hardest hit during the civil war (civil war that lasted 36 years) and memories of massacres and disappearances weigh on the minds of people.
Step back in time to explore the ancient Olmec and Maya cultures during this 2-day, 1-night visit to the archaeological site of Takalik Abaj. Wander the through the site’s Mayan tomb, as well as its wondrous collection of Olmec-style sculpture, Maya hieroglyphics and a sophisticated water drainage system. As you explore, you’ll learn about the history and key building periods of these two unique cultures from your guide. Your trip to Takalik Abaj also includes overnight accommodation, site entrance fees and round-trip hotel transport from Panjachel.
Experience the majesty of Guatemala’s dramatic countryside on a 3-day trek from Xela to Lake Atitlan. Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Western Highlands as you observe smoking volcanoes and climb steep mountains. Watch the sunrise from a spectacular vantage point at Countenance Maya and witness the beauty of Lake Atitlan, Guatemala’s largest lake, at the end of your trip. Enjoy two nights of comfortable accommodation in a local Guatemalan home and revitalize with breakfast, lunch and dinner each day. Round-trip transportation from Quetzaltenango is included.
Our private tours include exploration, cultural activities and volunteering in Guatemala! Gain an inside access into local life and a greater understanding of Guatemala's diversity. You will be interacting with people and organisations making a real change in Guatemala. Learn how these organisations are tackling social issues and interact directly with those leading the change. An ethical way to travel - The majority of the tour fee goes to local charities, projects and individuals visited during your time in Guatemala. This is unlike many tour companies which charge expensive fees, but the funds fail to trickle down to those in the country.
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
We are a travel agency that focuses on offering the best personalized service to our clients in organizing tours and cultural trips around Guatemala. In addition we want to promote interaction with local communities in order to create work opportunities and increase respect for the environment and local traditions and customs.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Multi-day Tours in Western Highlands?
The best Multi-day Tours in Western Highlands according to Viator travellers are:
What Multi-day Tours in Western Highlands are taking additional safety precautions?
These Western Highlands experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Multi-day Tours in Western Highlands are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Western Highlands may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Things to do in San Pedro La Laguna
- Things to do in Panajachel
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Things to do in Pacific Highlands
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Guatemala City
- Things to do in Puerto Quetzal
- Things to do in San Salvador
- Things to do in San Ignacio
- Things to do in Oaxaca
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Guanacaste and Northwest
- Things to do in Central Pacific
- Things to do in Central Valley
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets