Explore our promoted experiences
- 1.5-hour marine wildlife cruise from Victor Harbor
- Look for New Zealand fur seals, Australian sea lions, dolphins, and southern right whales (in season)
- Cruise past Seal Island, Wright Island, and Waitpinga Cliffs
- Hear informative commentary from the captain about the marine life and regional history
Departure & Return
Please take note of parking signs.
What To Expect
Depart from the Granite Island Causeway and cruise slowly between the mainland and the northern side of Granite Island, taking in views of both the Victor Harbor shoreline and the island. Your first stop is Seal Rock, where New Zealand fur seals and Australian sea lions bask on the rocks and swim past your boat.
Continue past the Bluff and Wright Island, and pass through Shark Alley where your captain shares informative commentary about the region's whaling history.
Go past Petrel Cove to West Island, a conservation park that is home to a research station. Most visitors don't venture to this remote area, but it offers a chance to see another colony of seals and sea lions, numerous seabirds, and pods of common and bottlenose dolphins. Head further west to check out the towering cliffs of Kings Beach and Waitpinga before returning to Granite Island.
From June to October, southern right whales migrate through the region. If there have been recent sightings, your captain will steer the boat to locations where you can look for whales, such as Horseshoe Bay and Bashams Beach. Your tour ends with return to your starting point after 1.5 hours.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 2 years
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 27 travellers
- OPERATED BY The Big Duck Boat Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms