Explore our promoted experiences
- Admission to Amsterdam's Portuguese Synagogue
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Learn about the synagogue on an audio headset
- Experience the Jewish Cultural Quarter
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
What To Expect
Walk the sand-covered, wooden floors of the synagogue, which is lit by 1,000 candles set in brass chandeliers—the Portuguese Synagoge has never had electric light or heating. Continue through a series of buildings filled with collections of ceremonial objects in silver, gold, silk and brocade, then see the oldest working Jewish library in the world, Ets Haim, which is part of UNESCO’s ‘Memory of the World’ program.
Your ticket is valid for one month, and includes access to the Jewish Historical Museum that’s housed in four monumental synagogues, the JHM Children's Museum and all located within the 1-Jewish Cultural Quarter.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- The Portuguese Synagogue is closed on Saturdays and Jewish holidays, please check https://jck.nl/en/page/opening-hours
- OPERATED BY Jewish Cultural Quarter Amsterdam
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.