- Private walking tour of Amsterdam’s Rembrandt sites
- Learn about life and career of Rembrandt van Rijn, one of the great Dutch painters
- See where he lived, worked and created masterpieces like The Night Watch
- Admire his famous paintings on a guided tour of the Rijksmuseum
- Take your tour in English, French, German, Spanish or Portuguese
Departure & Return
Meet your guide in front of the Rembrandt House Museum. This tour is excluded entrance to the Rembrandthuis.
This tour is included entrance to the Rijksmuseum. The tour ends in the museum
What To Expect
On arrival at the Rembrandt House Museum, hear of how the building originally functioned as Rembramdt and his wife, Saskia’s, marital home. Browse an incredible collection of Rembrandt’s works as you explore the beautifully restored rooms of the house with your private guide.
Next, head to South Church, the site upon which Rembrandt reputedly painted his prominent masterpiece, The Night Watch. Stroll past Weighing House, the place where The Anatomy Lesson of Dr Nicolaes Tulp was painted, and then enjoy an ambient stroll around Dam Square.
Amble along Amsterdam’s picturesque waterways to the Rijksmuseum, home to some of Rembrandt’s most famous artworks. Admire a selection of the artist's signature talents and marvel at masterpieces like The Night Watch and The Jewish Bride while listening to entertaining anecdotes surrounding the artist.
Bid your guide farewell at the museum and opt to continue exploring if you so desire.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Tour operates in all weather conditions
- Good walking shoes recommended
- Tour can be operated in English, French, German, Spanish or Portuguese; please advise your preferred tour language at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- Participants must be able to walk for 3 hours
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY HTG Services
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "tour only hd 3 of us so its virtually a private tour." See review
Reviews by Viator travellers. We perform checks on reviews