Explore our promoted experiences
- 3-hour afternoon walking tour of Antigua
- Visit elaborate landmarks such as La Merced Cathedral and the Cathedral of San Francisco
- Capture photographs beside the Santa Catalina Arch, with its volcanic backdrop
- Learn about the colonial history of the UNESCO-listed city from your guide
- Receive personalized attention on this small-group tour, limited to 15 people
Departure & Return
These are our pick up points for our excursion. Please select your pick up point and be 15 minutes prior the starting time.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
What To Expect
Greet your guide at your Antigua accommodation to begin exploring the charming city. As you walk towards Parque Central — the city’s green lung — you’ll receive an introduction to Antigua’s colonial history.
At Parque Central, you’ll behold a plethora of impressive landmarks; gaze at the elaborate architecture of Palacio de las Capitanes Generales, Palacio del Ayuntamiento and the Mermaid’s Fountain, a structure that represents the legend of a king whose daughter refused to nurse their children.
Next, head inside the beautiful La Merced Cathedral — whose grand Baroque façade was constructed in the 16th-centruy — and admire the elaborate belfry, smooth columns and glittering altarpiece.
Conclude your tour with a visit to the Santa Catalina Arch, one of Antigua’s most famous structures, and admire the dramatic backdrop of the Agua volcano. Your tour ends with drop-off back at your Antigua hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please Note: During holy week ( April 17 – 21, 2019) we do not pick up on hotels, you will be request to move to our meeting point where we will pick up you. Please be ready on the meeting 15 minutes prior the start time of the tour. Our meeting points are: Casa Santo Domingo Hotel and Soleil Hotel.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- It is recommended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
- Please contact local provider if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
- For groups of 10 persons or more, please contact local provider to arrange.
- Minimum of 2 passengers (adults) is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travellers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Guatemala
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff