Explore our promoted experiences
- Day trip to Panajachel and Chichicastenango from Antigua
- Visit the town of Chichicastenango and shop for beautiful goods at its open-air market
- Stroll down Santander Street in Panajachel and learn about the town’s history from your local guide
- Admire stunning views of Lago de Atitlán
- Hotel pickup and drop-off and all entrance fees included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Start your excursion with an 8am pickup from your Antigua hotel, heading towards Chichicastenango. Upon your arrival at this historic village, take some time to wander its cobblestone streets and colonial structures before continuing to the city’s renowned market for shopping. This sprawling commercial center features local produce and a wealth of handmade goods for sale, including ceramics and woodcarvings.
Bargain for a souvenir or two, and then proceed to the east side of the plaza to Iglesia de Santo Tomas (Church of Saint Thomas). This historic structure, built in 1540, often plays host to Mayan rituals. Just across the plaza is Calvary Church, a slightly more compact version of Iglesia Santo Tomas, which you’ll also have a chance to visit.
Leaving Chichicastengo, head next to Panjachel, a small hamlet on the shores of beautiful Lake Atitlán. This cozy town is known as a central hub for travelers as they make their way to the picturesque villages that dot the lakeshore. Stop for lunch at a local restaurant (at your own expense) then wander along the town’s main road, Santander Street. Explore this beautiful strip with your guide, pausing to observe the rhythms of daily life and shop among its various handicraft stalls, restaurants and shops. Make sure to enjoy beautiful views of the lake just in the distance, then climb aboard your transport for the return trip back to Antigua.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
- OPERATED BY Guatemalan Adventure
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff