- Small-group tour from central Barcelona to Montserrat
- Take a guided tour of Santa Maria de Montserrat basilica, home to the Virgin of Montserrat
- Ride the Montserrat cable car (own expense), and enjoy fantastic views from the top of the mountain
- Upgrade to include skip-the-line entry at Antoni Gaudí’s masterpiece, La Sagrada Familia basilica
- Small-group tour ensures a personalized experience with your guide
Why Travellers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Explore Catalunya Office. We are located in a little alley between the Palau de la Música building and Via Laietana, opposite the Palau de la Música's cafeteria.
What To Expect
Start your morning or afternoon trip from central Barcelona near the Palau de la Musica. Board your comfy minivan for the scenic drive up to Montserrat. Once you arrive at this towering mountain site, you'll have the option to ride the landmark's famous cable car (at your own expense) up to the top, enjoying incredible views of the surrounding area. If you prefer, you can simply stay on board your minivan for the ride to the top.
Upon reaching Montserrat, follow your guide on an exploration of its 1,000-year old Santa Maria de Montserrat Basilica. Inside you'll discover the landmark's main attraction, the Virgin of Montserrat. After visiting the Basilica, spend time exploring the Museum of Montserrat's many religious sculptures and artifacts. Guests who prefer to skip the museum can enjoy the hiking trail that circles the mountain, offering great views of Catalonia. Or take a ride on the rack railway (at your own expense) which winds its way around the mountaintop.
La Sagrada Familia Upgrade:
Make the most of your time in Barcelona by combining your Montserrat tour with skip-the-line entry to Antoni Gaudí’s La Sagrada Familia church. With this upgrade, you can choose the time and date of your visit, giving you the freedom to fit it in with your other plans.Simply inform in the Special Requirements section when you want to visit the church between 9am and 6pm. If you do not state a specific time to visit the church, your tickets will be purchased automatically for the same day of your visit to Montserrat. If you are doing the afternoon tour, your tickets will be bought for a time between 10am and 12pm the following day. If you are doing the morning tour, your tickets will be bought for a time between 3pm and 6pm the same day. Please contact the office to arrange collection of the tickets. Please note, these tickets are non refundable, and cannot be modified after purchase.
This unique upgrade option allows you to spend as much time inside the church as you wish.
Simply make your own way to La Sagrada Familia and then head inside on your own. The wait lines here are almost as legendary as the building’s fantastic architecture, but you can avoid them. Before you go inside, admire the sculpted portals, spires and chapels. This UNESCO World Heritage site has been under construction since 1882, and is not due for completion until 2026.
Please note: audio-guide and towers are not included in this ticket.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour operates in English only
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
- OPERATED BY Explore Catalunya
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "We prefer the small group tours which suited Anna’s very social personality to make us feel very welcome and comfortable." See review
Reviews by Viator travellers. We perform checks on reviews