- Full-day tour of Normandy’s US sector D-Day sites from Bayeux
- Discover the key US battle sites and events of June 6, 1944
- Stop at ‘Bloody Omaha’ and visit the US Cemetery overlooking the sands
- Small group of eight or fewer, with minivan transport, entrance fees, and central Bayeux pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
What To Expect
As you travel between the sites, hear about the American military action on that long-ago day, together with background on the wider war, including tales of the German occupation of France and French Resistance, and the stories of individual soldiers.
Make your way to Utah Beach, where the US 4th Infantry Division made their assault. Hear about the events that unfolded here, and call at Sainte-Mère-Église, the small nearby town where paratroopers landed in the early hours of D-Day.
Visit the town’s Airborne Museum to chart the assault before continuing to Pointe du Hoc, a prominent cliff that was the highest point between the Utah and Omaha Beaches. See the bunkers, craters, and German casements and gun pits here, and learn how US Army Rangers scaled the cliffs to seize the battery.
View the monument honoring the rangers and visit Omaha, dubbed ‘Bloody Omaha,’ for being the most intensely fought after of all the landing beaches. Hear why the landings were difficult, and contemplate the vastness of the 4-mile (6.4-kilometer) beach.
After lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant, pay a visit to the US cemetery on the cliffs overlooking Omaha. Explore this heart-rending place with its impressive memorial, and take in the beach from the different vantage point of the cliffs. Before leaving, enjoy time to stroll around independently, perhaps visiting the graves or exploring the Visitor Center to learn about the landings and 9,387 Americans buried here.
Your tour concludes with an early-evening drop-off at Bayeux’s station or Place de Quebec.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note that the tour departs from Bayeux - Normandy. There is no hotel pickup from Paris.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- NST provides you with masks as well as hydroalcoholic gel. Our vehicles are disinfected after each use and the distance is respected.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
- OPERATED BY Normandy Sightseeing Tour
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Reviews by Viator travellers. We perform checks on reviews