Explore our promoted experiences
- Hawaii Atlantis Submarine Kona Dive
- Unique views of Hawaii's colorful marine life
- Professional narration
- Option to include hotel pick-up and drop-off
Departure & Return
Check in at Atlantis Submarines office inside the King Kamehameha Kona Beach Hotel 30 minutes prior to departure time. Parking validation is offered at the King Kamehameha Hotel for a discounted rate of up to 4 hours for $2.00.
What To Expect
See all types of tropical marine life on this Big Island submarine tour, from schools of small manini, or convict tang, to larger fish such as the big-eyed emperor fish that slowly cruise above the reef.
This Atlantis Submarine Kona Adventure has been featured in National Geographic television shows, and explores the ocean just off the coast to depths of 100 feet (30 meters). For the entirety of the underwater journey, you can relax in comfort in the air-conditioned sub that only holds 48 people, and casually watch through the circular portholes as fish go swimming right by.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All tours are in English. Headsets providing narration in Japanese are available upon request
- Children must be 36 inches tall or taller to ride the submarine
- Children under age 3 who meet the 36" requirement are allowed to ride the submarine and a child ticket must be purchased.
- Actual underwater tour time is 45 minutes. Shuttle boat ride from the pier to the submarine and transfer is 5 minutes each way
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- Passengers must be capable of ascending and descending a near vertical ladder to board the submarine
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travellers
- OPERATED BY Atlantis Adventures Hawaii
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "If you do not want to get wet but you do want to see all the wildlife this is the way." See review