- Snorkel with graceful manta rays as they feed on plankton after dark
- On-board manta naturalist adds unique insight into the creatures' feeding habits and behavior
- Included snacks, drinks, souvenir photos, and snorkel gear
- Small group trip limited to no more than 12 guests
Departure & Return
Please meet us at Keauhou Harbor, 30 minutes prior to your time of departure. When you arrive at the harbor, we'll be parked near the boat dock. Look for a white van with lights on top. It can be difficult to find us in the dark, so please call if you don't immediately see us.
What To Expect
Once you arrive, grab your snorkel gear and get ready to experience this one-of-a-kind natural phenomenon. Snorkeling is optional, so those who choose to remain on board are free to enjoy the sunset. Those who choose to snorkel will jump in the water and grab onto a ‘light board,’ which helps attract plankton to its glowing surface. A certified swim guide will be nearby to help in the unlikely event there are any issues..
Soon the mantas will begin their aquatic ballet, swooping and diving through the water as they feed on the plankton attracted to this site. When your snorkel time is up, head back to your original starting point. You’ll leave your trip with unforgettable memories of this unexpected natural phenomenon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Must be able to swim without the assistance of a floatation device.
- A ticket is required for all passengers, regardless of age or whether they are entering the water.
- Maximum weight of 280 pounds per traveler.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with neck problems.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travellers
- OPERATED BY Hawaii Oceanic
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "I had a hip replacement so I would not recommend the trip for those with limited mobility because getting in the boat was fine but climbing out and back in was daunting enough to keep me in the boat." See review
- "We highly recommend this activity if you are in Kona." See review
- "This is for sure a must do for anyone that goes to the big island." See review