- 6-hour abseiling tour in Mount Ngungun National Park, Glass House Mountains
- Learn to abseil in a stunning setting
- Enjoy an adrenaline-fueled activity near the Sunshine Coast
- Top off the day with a long descent of a sheer cliff
- Includes instruction, abseiling equipment, and safety gear
Departure & Return
Your guide will be waiting at the entrance to Mount Ngungun National Park. There is an information sign and they will be waiting near this.
What To Expect
A short walk takes you to the first site of the day where your instructor provides a safety talk and instruction. Then, start to abseil, building up to more challenging abseils gradually. The final abseil of the day usually features a 130-foot (40-meter) route down sheer cliffs. The summit of Mount Ngungun offers 360-degree views of the Glass House Mountains and surrounding eucalyptus forest.
Please bring your own backpack, food and water, and enclosed shoes such as hiking boots. The participant to guide ratio is kept low to ensure a more personalized experience.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for people with noteworthy medical conditions, such as asthma, epilepsy, angina, diabetes, back- or leg-related physical concerns or conditions associated with pregnancy; please contact the local operator prior to booking if in doubt
- Activity is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or, in certain circumstances, a full refund
- A moderate level of fitness is required due to the amount of walking involved
- Minimum age is 8 years (participants 8-16 years must be accompanied by an adult)
- Participants under 18 years require a waiver to be signed by a parent or legal guardian
- Please wear non-restrictive clothing that suits the weather on the day; as the summit is exposed, a light/wind jacket may be handy
- Enclosed footwear should be worn, ideally hiking boots or running shoes, as the track is gravel or rock and has steep sections. A backpack is essential; it should be large enough to carry your water and your allocated safety equipment (25-liter capacity); it is recommended that you bring a minimum 2-3 liters of water, a hat, insect repellent, and sunscreen
- Please note there are no facilities (toilets) in the national park. Drinking water is available from the car park. As this is not a catered activity, you are required to bring your own food and beverages to keep you powered up
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
- OPERATED BY PINNACLE SPORTS
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff