Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day Atherton Tablelands and waterfalls trip from Cairns
- Experience North Queensland's tropical rainforests, falls, and beauty spots
- Swim in the crystal cascades of the Josephine and Millaa Millaa Falls
- See the Babinda Boulders, Hypipamee Crater, and watch the sunset at Lake Eacham
- Look for wildlife like cassowary, platypus, and tree-kangaroos
- Includes pub lunch, morning and afternoon tea, and refreshments
- National Park entrance fees, air-conditioned bus transport, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Visit the Babinda Boulders, a tropical creek lined with huge boulders, and hear about the aboriginal legends that surround this magical-looking place. Then head to your first swim spot, Josephine Falls, and slide down the natural rock slide.
Continue to the Atherton Tablelands and swim in the Millaa Millaa Falls. Bordered by protected rainforest, this 59-foot (18-meter) single-drop waterfall has featured in several TV ads.
After a country-style lunch at Australia’s largest timber pub, continue to Mt. Hypipamee Crater, a pipe-shaped, 278-foot (85-meter) deep crater. Take a bushland walk to admire the crater lake, watch for wildlife like possum and emu-like cassowarys, and stop to bathe in the idyllic Dinner Falls.
After visiting a creek to search for platypus, enjoy another swim and a sunset stop at Lake Eacham, famous for its turtles.
Finally, return to Cairns, perhaps playing the provided games on your bus before your trip ends at the original starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age 2. Child rates apply between ages 2 - 11. Infants under 2 must sit on parents lap, lunch is not provided for infants.
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 27 travellers
- OPERATED BY Active Tropics Explorer
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms