- Swim and snorkel with whale sharks off Isla Contoy
- Learn about the biology and behavior of the world's biggest fish
- All-inclusive: equipment, breakfast, lunch, and transportation
- Small-group tour of 10 people or fewer
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Board a boat for 8am departure to the whale shark reserve near Isla Contoy. Once you've spotted some animals, don the provided snorkel equipment and slip into the water with your guide in small groups to unobtrusively observe.
After your experience swimming and snorkeling nearby the whale sharks, climb back onto the boat and refuel with lunch. Travel to Isla Mujeres, where you can swim in the azure waters and explore the beach. Head back to the marina and transfer back to your hotel at around 2:30pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you bring a T-shirt with long sleeves, towels, biodegradable sunscreen, swimsuit, and comfortable shoes
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
- OPERATED BY Wisest Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travellers upon arrival
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms