- Tour of Kuelap Fortress including a cable car ride from Chachapoyas
- Perfect for history enthusiasts
- Take a cable car and optional horseback ride to the hilltop perch of the pre-Inca fortress
- Marvel at more than 400 houses and ceremonial buildings with a guide
- Lunch and hotel pickup in Chachapoyas are included
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Climb aboard a cable car and enjoy spectacular views of the Utcubamba Valley as you ascend to the vertiginous perch of Kuelap Fortress. From Kuelap tourist center, choose to take a short uphill hike or horseback ride to the archaeological site.
Enter through a gap in the 65-foot (20-meter) walls and appreciate more than 400 dwelling and ceremonial buildings alongside history-rich commentary from your guide.
After a thorough exploration, return to Tingo Nuevo town for lunch and then relax during the transfer back to your Chachapoyas accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Use light clothing and comfortable shoes (light hiking boots)
- Bring at least 2 liters of water, hat, sunglasses, sunblock, repellent and camera with extra battery
- In rainy season (November to March): Bring raincoat
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY VIPAC Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.