- Carriage ride in downtown Charleston
- View the architecture of downtown
- Learn about the city's history from your guide
- Take a leisurely carriage ride that allows for great photo ops
Departure & Return
Look for the Big Red Barn!
What To Expect
Meet your guide and the team of mules that gently pull your carriage around the heart of Charleston.
Head into downtown Charleston's Commercial District and hear the history of the buildings along the route. Pass the Old Exchange Building, once visited by George Washington, and learn about the architecture of several historic churches. Continue through Waterfront Park, which is situated on the Cooper River before returning to your starting point to end your tour.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A maximum of 14 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travellers
- OPERATED BY Palmetto Carriage Works
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Filter by:Accessibility Cancellation/Amendments Health & Safety Itinerary details Meeting & Pickup Other
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "A good way to scout out a restaurant for your evening meal." See review