- 75-minute evening sail on Lake Michigan
- Watch the Navy Pier fireworks from the boat deck
- Learn about Chicago's maritime history from your crew
- Help sail the boat or just relax and enjoy the show
Departure & Return
Tall Ship Windy's dock is located about 400 meters/yards from the front gate, on the South Dock. We are located between the East and West parking garages on the south dock. If taking Uber/cab, go to the Riva Restaurant, it will be about 100 feet from our dock.
What To Expect
Meet your friendly captain and crew as the boat sails out into Lake Michigan. Watch the lights of Chicago's city skyline twinkle on as darkness falls. Listen as your guides regale you with tales of the spirit ships and haunted harbors that populate Chicago's maritime history. You can even join in on some traditional shipboard working songs or help the crew with hoisting the sails or steering the ship.
Watch as the summertime Navy Pier fireworks explode overhead, lighting up the city and reflecting on the waters of Lake Michigan around you. At the conclusion of your 75-minute cruise, disembark at Navy Pier.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Please arrive at the dock 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- Wed Fireworks Tour Departs at 8:45pm. Saturday departs at 9:15pm.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 140 travellers
- OPERATED BY Windy of chicago Inc, DBA: Tall Ship Windy
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms