- Tiffany on Wednesdays
- Explore the art glass designed, crafted or installed by the Tiffany Glass and decorating Company
- Learn the history behind this dramatic art form
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Embark on a 2-hour walking tour focused on the art glass crafted and designed by the Tiffany Glass and Decorating Company, Louis Comfort Tiffany and his contemporaries. See mosaics, vaults, domes and light fixtures. Visit the stately buildings in which they are housed, see recent restoration efforts, and learn about history behind this dramatic art form.
Visit the following late 19th-century landmarks:
• Macy's on State Street (historic Marshall Field's store)
• The Chicago Cultural Center
• The Marquette Building
• The Art Institute of ChicagoThe tour includes general admission to the Art Institute of Chicago for the day of the tour plus 1 other day, as well as a visitor's discount coupon for Macy's on State Street.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The Chicago Architecture Center or CAC (formerly the Chicago Architecture Foundation, CAF) is at the south end of the Magnificent Mile near the intersection of Michigan and Wacker.
- Tour Guides are trained and certified by the CAC. As volunteers, they are exceptionally motivated, enthusiastic, and capable interpreters of Chicago's world-class architectural legacy. CAC tours are the real deal - narrated, but not scripted, led by Chicago enthusiasts.
- Not recommended for young children.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Advance reservations required.
- Meet inside the north lobby of the Chicago Cultural Center, 77 E Randolph Street.
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
- OPERATED BY Chicago Architecture Center
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas