Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- 90-minute tall ship sailing tour on Lake Michigan, from Chicago
- View Chicago's landmarks from the water
- Glide along Lake Michigan aboard a majestic tall ship
- Listen to commentary about the Windy City from the knowledgeable crew
Departure & Return
Tall Ship Windy's dock is located about 400 meters/yards from the front gate, on the South Dock. If driving, parking may be available of the pier. We are located East of the West Parking garage, and West of the East parking garage (between them, on the south dock).
What To Expect
Get comfortable on the stately 148-foot (45-meter) traditional sailing ship with three viewing decks that allow you to enjoy the beauty of Chicago from the waters of Lake Michigan. Your crew provides one complimentary drink during your cruise, and additional drinks are available for purchase.
The knowledgeable crew shares entertaining and informative commentary about Chicago's history, maritime lore and more as you sail on Lake Michigan, one of the five Great Lakes. You have the option to learn about the city from the guide, or you can simply relax on deck in quiet and soak in the views.
At the end of your tour, your ship returns you to Navy Pier.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 148 travellers
- OPERATED BY Windy of chicago Inc, DBA: Tall Ship Windy
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms