Explore our promoted experiences
- Visit Central Station and walk along picturesque trails through the rainforest by Wanggoolba Creek and Pile Valley
- Swim in the crystal clear waters of Lake McKenzie, one of more than 100 freshwater lakes on Fraser Island
- Cross the Hammerstone Sandblow to reach Lake Wabby and wade into its emerald waters
- Climb to the top of Indian Head for magnificent views of the shoreline
Departure & Return
Marina Kiosk (Whale Watch Tourist Centre) 1 Buccaneer Dr, Urangan at 7:30AM. Arrive 10-min before pickup time. If you wish to change your pickup, ctc the operator on 1800678431 or +6174194 9300 48-hrs prior to departure.
Meeting at the Shell Petrol Station Rainbow Beach at 7:45 AM. Please arrive 10-minutes before the pickup time. If you wish to change your pickup location, please contact the local operator on 1800 678 431 or +61 7 4194 9300 at least 48-hours prior to the tour departure.
What To Expect
Fraser Island is a place unlike any other. Created over the millennia from sand drifting off of mainland Australia, it is the largest sand island in the world and the only place where rain forest grows in sand. Your guide takes you to the island's top sites, including Lake McKenzie, Eli Creek, Champagne Pools, Lake Wabby, Central Station, the Maheno shipwreck and the Hammerstone Sandblow. Travel by 4WD coach and learn from your guide about this amazing ecosystem during your 2-day visit.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Please bring zinc sunscreen, hat and swimwear
- Audio guides are available in Spanish, Italian, German, Korean, Japanese and Chinese via the Fraser Explorer Tours app
- Your accommodation will require a credit card pre-authorisation of AU$100 per day plus AU$200 refundable bond to a maximum of AU$500. In the event that no credit card is available, full payment and a bond deposit of AU$100 per day to a maximum of AU$500 is required.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Recommended for guests to bring their own front-facing infant seats. Limited child seats are available at an additional charge on request.
- Please note we do not carry children under the age of 1 and no refund will be given.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travellers
- OPERATED BY K'gari Explorer Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Guides required to regularly wash hands