- Observe crocodiles in their natural habitat on a boat ride through the mangroves of Ventanilla
- Visit the National Mexican Turtle Center on the quiet beach of Mazunte
- Discover the laid-back vibe of Zipolite, known as a hippie village
- Learn about the area’s natural history from an experienced local guide
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Cruise through the mystical mangroves, awakening your senses to the distinct calls of kingfishers, herons and woodpeckers. Scan the verdant scenery for deer, turtles and iguanas, carefully discerning crocodiles lurking in their natural habitat.
Exit the atmospheric mangroves and return to your mini-van to continue the journey to Mazunte, a picturesque village on the Pacific Coast. Here, the National Mexican Turtle Center harbors seven of the nine turtle species that inhabit Oaxacan waters. Explore the exhibits, admiring the incredible creatures as you learn about scientific research, impending endangerment and conservation efforts.
Visit a local workshop and learn the processes behind natural cosmetics before continuing onto Zipolite, a vibrant and vivacious town that attracts surfers and hippies due to it stunning coastline and tranquil ambience.
Refuel by purchasing lunch in an authentic Mexican restaurant, savouring the rich flavours of refried beans, tangy salsa and chargrilled meat washed down with a shot of mescal (own expense). Return to the minivan and refresh with complimentary soft drinks and water before your guide returns you to your Huatulco hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travellers
- OPERATED BY Amigo Tours Mexico
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience