- Take to the skies during a hot air balloon tour from Brisbane
- Flight over the Great Dividing Range, the Scenic Rim, and Ipswich countryside
- Enjoy a sparkling wine toast and breakfast when you land
- Assist with the inflation and deflation of the balloon, if you'd like
Departure & Return
We meet all passengers at the lpswich Visitor Information Centre, Ipswich - 30 mins from Brisbane CBD. Meeting/ Departure time is 45 minutes before sunrise - and is confirmed at the time of booking confirmation via email from the operator as well as the night prior to the flight.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Children (6 - 12 years) must be accompanied by an adult. No infants allowed.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Disabled passengers are able to balloon, although limitations do apply due to the Civil Aviation and Safety Authority (CASA) regulations. CASA requires that all passengers are able to embark and disembark a balloon basket unassisted for safety reasons. No wheelchair facilities are available. Disabled persons participating in the balloon flight do so at their own risk and the company accepts no liability for any damage or injury caused. As the flight is for approximately 1 hour, passengers must be able to stand unaided for the duration of the flight. (ie: no additional aids such as seats, walkers, sticks or crutches are permitted in the basket). If in doubt, an able bodied person (friend or relative) must accompany the "slightly infirm" passenger.
- Weight notification: For flight manifest purposes all passengers’ names and estimated weights (in kilograms). Please advise the booking office if any client is over 90 kilograms, or have any medical issues. As weight is an important factor in a hot air balloon; passengers weighing 115 Kg or over attracts a 50% surcharge. Due to safety factors passengers over 130kg cannot participate in hot air ballooning.
- Most travellers can participate
- In line with current government guidelines relating to COVID-19 vaccinations, all staff, contractors and passengers must be fully vaccinated to attend this ballooning experience. Upon arrival, guests will be required to present their official COVID-19 vaccination certification as proof that they are fully vaccinated and Check In using the Queensland App; unless such proof is provided, access to the ballooning experience and after flight breakfast will not be permitted. In line with current government guidelines relating to COVID-19 requirements for tourism experiences, all passengers must wear a mask in the commercial transfer vehicles whilst being transported to & from the launch and landing sites. By booking tickets to attend this ballooning experience you accept these participation entry requirements.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
- OPERATED BY Floating Images Hot Air Balloon Flights
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Guides required to regularly wash hands